Hearing loss

Hi again.
Reading on here I’ve read about hearing issues and tinnitus. For 20 odd years I’ve sufferd with labyrinthitus and abit of tinnitus and sinus problems too. Do you think the chemo will affect my ears more as I’m more seceptable. It’s beginning to worry me now.

Tell your doctor, just in case. May make no difference but probably better to be on the safe side.

t x

Hi hun, it CAN be one of the side effects although not everyone gets it....I have the ringing and I have also had a drop in my hearing but i also had poor hearing before hand. I've now got 2 hearing aids on the nhs and they're a god send they've improved my life immensely! They're also tiny and no one knows I've got them in! I forget I have them in - I keep coming bed with it still in I usually take them out down stairs and keep them there :-).

you can also put them on your home insurance against loss, but they're only £75 for replacement from the nhs....

dont worry about something that may not happen and if it does its not the end of the world! Btw I'm 29 and I'm ok with it

Thanks for the feed back. X