Has this happened to anyone else

Hi has anyone experienced continual infections following LLETZ?
Last week Ill for 2 days with high temp low pelvic and back pain, third day Started loosing massive amount of offensive grey/yellow fluid as in saturated a hand towel dressing gown bed sheet in minutes, seemed to pulsate out of me then slowed and was contained by sanitary towel. Hospital didn’t even examine me just prescribed antibiotics for 10 days. Had my LLETZ Dec2021.
The smell was horrendous and permeated the whole house my partner was gagging. I feel so low now as I only stopped loosing 3 weeks ago following my procedure.
I’d appreciate anyones thoughts please. I’m way older than many on the sight and feel I have nowhere to turn.

1 Like

I have no personal experience of this but didnt want to read and run. I’m sure some.of our ladies will reply soon and can hopefully help.
Sending love and best wishes

1 Like

Hi Judi

I haven’t experienced this but would say that antibiotics usually work pretty quickly. If you don’t improve very soon and/or you continue to be concerrned then I would call the clinic that did your LLETZ . Or if you need support over the weekend and you’re in the UK you could call 111 for advice. If you have a thermometer it might be an idea to do a few checks and keep a record.

x

2 Likes

I have heard of people still getting bleeding over 4 weeks after the LLETZ- really unlucky there - but it sounds like you’ve been even more unlucky in that you’ve got a nasty infection. The antibiotics should start making a difference quickly, but keep an eye on it and if you’re not totally better when your course finishes please get in touch with your health care provider. I do hope you’re feeling better (and getting better) soon. X

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you. I hadn’t thought about keeping a check on my temperature.

Most kind, thank you. It’s nice to know that there are others around to listen, at least I don’t feel so alone now.

I’m 5 days into the 10 day course of antibiotics and the discharge is slowing tonight and I do feel a little more comfortable. It was all very worrying. Thanks for all the reassurance.

what is LLETZ?

1 Like

A large loop excision of the transformation zone LLETZ which is taking away a small amount of your cervical tissue which may be precancerous to check it out. I didn’t know til recently. Not as scary as it sounds with local anaesthetic

3 Likes

Hi Judi,

I had a LLETZ procedure in summer 2021 followed by trachelectomy because margins were not clear. I had a lot more bleeding and discharge problems after the LLETZ than after the trachelectomy. The surgeon explained that she can’t cauterise a LLETZ as well as she can when she does trachelectomy surgery so this slower recovery was not unexpected, but it was very unpleasant. I sympathise and encourage you to get anything that worried you checked out.
Lots of love to you

1 Like

Thank you so much, that’s very reassuring to know. I think the infection is responding now to the Co-Amoxiclav and I feel so much better. I was really surprised when I was sent to urgent care that I wasn’t examined or swabs taken.
Everyone on here has been so kind and reassuring for which I’m truly grateful.

1 Like

Hello, I’m sorry you had such a bad experience, could it be bacterial vaginosis, I have experienced this after the Loop excision, it can smell very bad and it’s like a watery discharge, antibiotics clear it up but sometimes it can come back after intercourse or using soap etc, I used the PH balance shower gel, you can also buy gels to instead that get rid of it instantly but antibiotics is the best for it.
Hope this helps xx

1 Like

Thank you for bringing BV to my attention I had never heard of it. I have googled BV and I don’t seem to fit the criteria for that.
I finish my antibiotics tomorrow and although the discharge has stopped I continue to have low left side pelvic pain.
I will phone surgery tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment, although my surgery are still working remotely so it could take several days before I get triaged by phone by the nurse practitioner.
I have been tracking my temp and it does seem a little high still.
So pleased I’ve found this site and everyone has been so kind and helpful. xx

1 Like

I hope that you get seen to soon, and are out of discomfort.
I know, this site is so lovely, you know what people are feeling and going through, with same situations. X

1 Like

Yes, I got an infection about a week or so later. As you describe, smell was horrendous. Some pretty strong antibiotics did sort it out, but be prepared as I then got the most horrendous thrush I ever had, the pain was awful and had to have a massive dose of anti fungal treatment too (prescription, Over the counter cannestan does nothing)!

1 Like

Thank you, sorry for being so late replying. Yes I got thrush, yes it was the worst I have experienced, followed by a feeling of being incredibly low and barely functioning but coming out of it now.
So nice to have such wonderful support. x

Thank you so much for your support. So pleased I found this site x

1 Like

Welcome to the site, I have been so grateful to everyone on here.

1 Like

Am so similar to u just am bleedin so bad docs put me on tablets to try calm bleedin till a get a scan and my smear results bk am so down and ill with it my belly has swelled right out a look 6 month pregnant . Hope ur ok now hun and gettin sorted xx

1 Like