Hair loss? ??

I’ve got 1 2b2
Waiting to start radio n chemo…
Was told I will not loose hair … now they day I will???

Hi HB :-)

Most of us who have chemo rads have Cisplatin as the chemo side of things. This very rarely causes any hair loss. You will find that the treatment isn't nearly as fearsome as you think, and we even have some recent write-ups about how non-scary brachytherapy (internal radio) turns out to be as well. Welcome to the forum, ask all your questions on here and keep completely away from Google.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you very much..on my first appointment I was told I won't loose it .. now my radiotherapy consultant said I will???

Perhaps your radiotherapy consultant is too used to dealing with people who are on another chemo? Certainly when I had chemo rads there were a lot of bald people around :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Hun, I have advanced cancer and I had a very high dose of chemo - this makes you lose your hair not the radio! The person you spoke to  don't know what they're on about....your pubic hair may come out but I don't know as I lost all my hair through chemo.

anyway if you do it's not that bad honest! I'm a year down the lime from when it started to grow slightly and I've got almost shoulder length hair again so it does come back!

Thank you xxx