Had my smear today

I hope this is ok to post in here, I am new in this group.

I am so worried and I am trying to put it to the back of my head but it’s hard.

So I have been having some symptoms, irregular periods, pain and bleeding during and after sex, constant pain in my lower stomach and lower back, discharge as well as wanting to wee all the time and becoming a little incontinent, of course it can be many things but I am terrified.

I had a smear today as well as other tests and booked in for a scan to see if anything else is going on. During my smear I started to bleed, and not spotting I mean I did bleed, she done an examination with her fingers which gave me quite a bit of pain, anyway the bleeding has calmed now to just to spotting but cramps have come on, just wondering if anyone had the same sort of thing happen?

I know it might not be what I want to hear, but I am a very matter of fact person, and I like the truth what ever that may be, I am also only 27 and thought I was too young, my nurse made me feel silly for saying that but I generally believed it was over 35’s how wrong was I xx

Also very fatigue and no energy xx

Hi Errie89 

Sorry to read that you had a less than pleasant experience at your smear. The good thing is you are now in the process of getting some more tests so you are in the right hands in case you need any thing. Are you currently waiting for the smear results? They may refer you for a colposcopy if they see any suspicious looking cells. If you have had previous clear smears you may just have some pre cc abnormailities that can be treated quite easily under local anaesthetic. As you say there could be a few different things that are causing the symptoms you describe.. I personally find waiting and uncertainty very hard.. many other women will say the same. I know it will be playing on your mind, all I can say is try to keep busy to take your mind off things. 

I am 26 and had a couple of symptoms presumed it was my new (ish) contraception. I went for my smear as normal (3rd one as start at 20 in Scotland) all my previous ones were clear and unfortunately at my colposcopy I was told I had high grade changes and then on further inspection under GA stage 1b1 cc. I was also made to feel a bit silly by the gynae as he said 'young people don't think these things happen to them' which made me feel crap as I have attended all my smears and was fully aware of people like Jade Goody and cc. I think medical workers can be a little insensitive sometimes as they are so used to telling people results etc it is normal to them. 

Sending you virtual hugs x 

thank you for your reply, just read your signature, I am so happy for you and really hope it's all over for you. Yeah I am waiting for the results now, which is the hard thing I wish we could go in and come out with the results I am sure I'd feel a lot better. Lol

trying to keep spirits up, xmas in 4 sleeps and I have 3 young children, which really is a blessing as they keep me pretty busy xx

Aw thank you so much, it all happened very fast so  still hard to get my head around it all!

I hope they manage to get the results to you soon! I am sure your kids will keep you super busy over xmas. My results took a couple of weeks so I hope they don't keep you hanging too long. I know I wish they just told you there and then. Was it long ago you had your youngest child? I just ask as thought if they had noticed anything suspicious they would've said then? x 

Hello my youngest is 14 months, nothing was noticed at that time, my symptoms have only been around for about 4-5 weeks, I was originally diagnosed with a kidney infection , but after results came back there was no evidence of that, and then symptoms got worse, I am up to date with all smears I was due my next smear this Jan.

My my cervix is bulshy the nurse said not sure if this is anything to worry about but as soon as she pushed up I wanted to scream. Xx

But I am so happy for you, really hope it stays good news. my mind is all over the place sometimes very paranoid sometimes very level headed. I just know there is something wrong but of course I don't know what, and it's the not knowing that's driving me mad xx

Hi Errie

Sorry hadn't noticed you had replied on Wednesday. I hope you managed to have a lovely christmas and I am sure your family kept you busy!

I have heard some people who have had changes noted when they have had a child so perhaps if you have only had these symptoms for a few weeks it could be that you just have some abnornmalities or something else completely in which case you can pop back to your gp and hopefully get it sorted! 

It is the hardest time waiting and it is unfortunate that you have to wait over xmas which is meant to be so carefree and somewhat relaxing.

Sending virtual hugs to you x 

Hello that's ok. Thank you for replying. Shouldn't be too long to hear now xx

Errie I was trying to send a private message but I'm not sure how to. I noticed we took our pap on the same day. Did you get your results back? The doctor said they would only call if it was abnormal. Today I recieved a vm during closing time to call the office and when I called back they were closed. Panicking like crazy.