Gynae Referral Waiting Times

Hi everyone

I’ve been referred to Gynaecology as my Nurse noticed cervical erosion during my smear and because I’ve been having pelvic pain and irregular periods. I’m pretty sure it’s a non-urgent referral because the doctor didn’t say otherwise. I’m just wondering if anyone in a similar situation would be able to give me an idea of how long they waited to get an appointment after their referral?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi there I waited around 4 weeks for my appt. It was none urgent like yours. I did ring and ask if they'd put me on a cancellation list, as I was a bit anxious about waiting and the appt itself. I didn't get seen any sooner, but all turned out to be fine and I had the erosion cauterised. They might take a biopsy prior to any treatment, I freaked a little. Nothing sinister was found and since the treatment I haven't had any irregular bleeding. Wishing you the very best x

Thanks for your reply! Can I just ask though if that means you were seen four weeks from being referred or if you waited four weeks for a letter and then longer for an appt? It's been two weeks since my GP referred me and I've not heard yet. I know that's not long, and I know that they have others that they need to see more urgently than me, but I'm starting to get anxious! Even just to get a date at the moment would be better than nothing at all!

So I've just phoned for an update and have been told I could be waiting up to 12 weeks! I did say that I could take a appt at short notice if there were any cancellations but they said  any cancellations would go to the next person on the list, which is understanding but frustrating!! 

Sorry for not replying to you sooner, I have only just seen these msgs. I was seen within four weeks (approx) from the doc saying he would refer. Have you had a referral letter through yet? Hope you don't have to wait 12 weeks x

Hi Tan

That's OK :) Still haven't heard, I'm neary 7 weeks from seeing my GP. Phoned yesterday for an update and just keep getting told it's a 12 week wait :( xx