Got to have a lletz

So I had my first ever smear beginning of december which I was told that my results where high grade (moderate) dyskaryosis. I was referred for a colposcopy at the end of December where a biopsy was taken and the nurse said she felt like she had pretty much removed the area from the biopsy. The beginning of January I got my results from that saying that the biopsy wasn’t abnormal but my smear from the colposcopy was still producing high grade dyskaryosis and that my results will be discussed at the monthly meeting. I then finally found out a week ago that I need to go for a lletz. But no other information was given. I have my appointment for the end of march but I’m jut so confused at why I need one? I feel like they are worried that they have missed the area that is producing the high grade results? Just want some advice please?

Thanks

Hi hun, lletz will take a biopsy from abit higher in the cervix. I think they may just be covering all options to ensure they havnt missed anything- which is a good thing. 

I had lletz at beginning of feb for CIN 2&3, and i can honestly say i didnt find it painful, uncomfortable from pressure yes but not painful. It will just give a bigger more clear image as to what there looking at, and your biopsy may have shown treatment is needed. 

Good luck xxx