Good news

I had some good news yesterday evening, there was a meeting about me and my Macmillan nurse phoned with the results of my MRI scan last week and she said this showed no evidence of the tumour and that it was gone, this was the best news I was hoping for at this stage and I’m so happy with this.

I still have to go for a colposcopy next week to check inside (think there’s a small chance of some residue) and I am worried about this but for now things are good and I’m trying to remain positive.

Mel x

FANTASTIC NEWS MEL!!!!  Congratulations, the relief must be immense.  Long may it continue xxxxx

That's great news!! Xx

BRILLIANT NEWS Mel, so happy for you. Good luck at the check next week. X

Oh mel,  I am so so happy for you. My mouth dropped open when I saw your post. 

Re the colposcopy,  I expect there's always going to be something that we will worry about but hopefully you can get on with your life now x 

How are you feeling now after your treatment?  I feel completely back to normal now x 

Brilliant news! So happy for you!! X

Fantastic....well done and good luck for your colposcopy x

Wonderful news Mel So pleased for you. I'm sure next week will be a formality but good luck.

xxxx

Thank you everyone for the lovely messages xxx

Hi Philleepa, I’m feeling pretty good, I’m back to doing all my usual things, I do get leg and back pains that come and go, think it’s more when I overdo things, sometimes I do worry about these but then I have really good days when I feel full of energy and no pains at all.

I pretty much eat as I did before and everything’s ok, I do try and eat more fruit and vegetables and I still drink plenty of water, although I do still eat chocolate and cakes when I probably shouldn’t.

I do have very down days mentally sometimes and these are a struggle and I do worry about a lot of things, but after my news yesterday I’ve felt a lot calmer today. I am worrying if the colposcopy will find anything next week so I will be happier when this is done.

Mel xx

Mel that is fantastic news I am over the moon for you I hope you have a long & healthy future and continue tomake a full recovery lots of love xx

Happy for you too! Hope you have a smooth recovery ahead!

Absolutley fantastic news!! Im over the moon for you xxx

Brilliant, brilliant news Mel :-) Congratulations!

In case anyone is still here reading, I have an update of my own :-) I have just been for my usual round of blood tests, chest X-rays, pelvic CT scans and while I was at it threw in a mammogram and a pap smear just for fun :-) Not only is everything fine and dandy, as I expected, but the best news is that my oncologist does not want me to return in October for my fifth anniversary CT scans :-) Instead, all she wants is blood tests and an ultrasound in October (which I can have in my home town and not spend a whole day on ferries and buses just to get there!) And I don't need another CT scan till next April! I have been promoted to 12-month check-ups! YAY! :-)

Keep smiling y'all :-)
Tivoli

Fantastic news x x 

You must be thrilled.

X x 

Also, how are you melanie?  Have you had your colposcopy? 

Tvioli, hi,

Well done and cheers to such great news; so pleased for you.

Can't wait for you to join the "5 year all clear club".

just like you I had a mammo done over a week ago and all is well.

Life is full of surprises and challenges but in the meantime let's enjoy today.

God health!

Nxxx

Hi Tivoli,

Thank you and I was so happy to read your good news, I’m so very very pleased for you.

I was called for a mammogram just before I started treatment and was having all the other scans, I asked if I needed to go for this they said yes! Thankfully the results of this were good and showed no problems.

Wishing you all the very best, Mel xx

Hi Philleepa

I’m doing ok, back to doing all my usual things but I do seem to suffer with a sore back now (not all the time, it comes and goes).

I was supposed to have my colposcopy last Thursday but I had a letter from the hospital saying I needed to see someone else and my appointment has been changed to this Thursday, this upset me a bit as I was all geared up to have it last week and get it out of the way. I’m scared incase this shows something.

How are things for you, when will you know any results?

Mel xx

Hi. Mel, 

I'm really well now, feeling healthy and reasonably fit. I do get sore legs now but it's nothing that I can't manage. Once I get going I'm ok, it's when I get up after being sat down. 

I've got my scan may 12th so hoping for good news so that I can get back to work.  It's frustrating feeling well but yet not working. My house has never been so clean!

Let us know how you get on on Thursday.