Getting the old pains before I had treatment

hi ladies 

I’m sorry I haven’t been back since I was first diagnosed with stage2b

thank you for the support last time I was on here, you are all amazing 

just wanted to know as it bothering me a lot and nurses 

can’t help me say I have to wait for my mri in November and get my results on 2nd December to see if cancer has gone 

I’m having the same pains as I had before I was diagnosed in June which is worrying me lots during treatment I didn’t have these pains 

I have a stabbing pain in top of right leg and a aching pain in my right armpit is this normal after treatment 

June 4th mri 

pet scan 

ct scan 

june 18th diagnosed stage 2b with nodes 

july 18th 5x chemo and radiotherapy 5weeks 

aug 24th brachytherapy 

waiting on results dec 2nd 

Hi Jen,

I have a friend (who I met through the hospital)   who recognised her previous cancer pains 17 years later. She went to her GP and got an immediate scan and it was recurrence. She has been successfully treated and is alive and well.

There are lots of reasons for pains like this and we all get them and worry but they prove to be nothing. However if you think those pains are very recognisable as what you had before you should argue for a pelvic examination at the very least. 

I am not trying to scare you as it probably isn't anything sinister but if it is cancer you need it identified quickly then you have a good chance of a cure. Hopefully it will just put your mind at rest.

Karen x 

Thank you Karen 

for your response yes I will ask again but only finished treatment on 26th August 2019 my consultant said it’s too early to do a scan I have to wait.

im just worried it hasn’t gone as the pains are back or maybe it’s my body playing tricks on me

I hope you are well and thank you again xxxx

Hello Jen X     Nice to hear you have finished your treatment.  Well done you X     

Karen is right there can be a lot of reasons for the pain you are experiencing   Our minds can go into overdrive and be hyper sensitive to every little thing.  However you do seem very precise on the area's that are giving you concern.

Have you spoken to your CN to see if you can have a pelvic exam ?    You are right they will not scan just now because the rads will still be working.   It is also hard to get any clear pictures until everything settles back down after your treatment.

Give them a phone and tell them you reconize these pains from before .  I think you would have to be quite firm about it cause they have probably gotten so used to us all being over worried at this stage waiting for final scans.  It is a horrible time you have been so busy with hospital appointments and just getting through the treatment.    Then everything stops and you are left to go though everything in your mind as to what the hell has just happened to me !!

Good Luck Jen  I hope the hospital can do something to put your mind at ease. XXXX

Yes, I agree with flower power. Too early for scan but you might be able to persuade someone to have a bit of a prod. The trouble is that the tumour might not have completely resolved at this point as the radiation will still be working and there will be inflammation there. However, somebody assuring you that it's not actually growing might be reassuring for you at this stage. Try not to worry too much as it's early days yet.

Karen 

Hi. I'm just wondering about the pain in your armpit. Was that a symptom of your cervical cancer? If so was it treated?

Hello philleepa,

hope you are ok 

i had this pain the same time as my leg before I was diagnosed,now back. I never found out but no problem on pet scans or  mri they said nothing about involvement 

I had pelvic nodes involved with my diagnosis as first I was 2a then went up to 2b 

but feeling it might be nodes in armpit but no swelling just pain 

Confused 

Jen xxxx