Aching and pains

Hi everyone
I am worrying myself so thought id post on here to see if anyone else as had the same as me. Dont like to talk about it to family or friends as dont likw to worry them.
Had RH end july 21. Unfortunately C was flund to be in 1 lymph node, had chemo & eadio over 5 weeks, finished in November.
Last few weeks i have been having lower back, lower abdo, hip and leg aches and pains.
I have started walking again daily so go from thinking its due to this, to thinking negatively and that its the C spreading. Still cant bring myself to say or even type the C word !!
I have an app next week for scans, but dont see consultant until march.
I just wondered if anyone else has had these aches and pains, and had scans & all was ok ? Or anything else ?
Ive been to the dr and been prescribed pain relief, all she said was to wait until i see the consultation so that didnt help much.
X

Hi Lynzibelle,

Like you I have an MRi coming up next week (Monday) and no appointment until 22nd March. Seems a very long time to wait, doesn’t it! My last two scans were clear - I’m now 1 year post treatment next week. I’ve had aches and pains and tend to get them coming up to a scan… interesting what anxiety can do to you.

I think you’ll find aches and pains post treatment are very common, and so is worrying that every little niggle post treatment must be CC… which is actually very unlikely. Recurrences, where they happen, will likely start very small and hence scans are so important.

You haven’t said when you started walking regularly again, only that the aches and pains have been in the last few weeks. I had a lot of aches and pains when I started daily walks. I’ve also found that I’ve pulled little muscles in my bottom and lower back lifting things - the chemo and radiotherapy really weaken your body in ways you don’t expect. Recently I had COVID, not severely, but some of my post treatment things returned for a few weeks - aches and pains, upset stomach (I had paraoartic lymph node involvement) and fatigue. Not anywhere as bad as with the chemorads but still annoying.

Do have a chat with your CNS nurse - you should have a phone call to call them if you have anything you’re worried about. And try to be kind to yourself - you’ve been through a lot!

2 Likes

Hi!

I too finished treatment in November although ive not had a hysterectomy. Those aches and pains are very much the normal. Just today walking around asda my lower back was aching and my hips and groin. I kept having to remind my self that its normal. I have my 3 month MRI on the 23rd and have been very anxious. Especially last night - I was on the verge of a panic attack I think.
I have had 2 session’s of counselling and my next is just after the scan.
Im doing my best to do all I can to take control back. Ive started taking Pure Immunity boosting juice. Activia gut health yoghurt, menopause multivitamins and trying to keep moving walking ect.
This week as been difficult as my daughter and my self had Covid and were housebound.
You’re not on your own.
Message anytime xx

2 Likes

Hi jacks
Thank you for your reply.
I started my daily walking 1st Jan, so i know some of it will be down to that, as ive barely done anything since my op end july. Its just those dark thoughts creeping in, thinking the worst.
It does seem to have come on more, the closer i get to my scans, which are tomorrow and yes i totally get what you mean about anxiety, it can do a lot to you mentally.
Im going to ring my CNS tomorrow to discuss things, i dont see consultant until 4th march but ill probably ring to see of they can tell me anything before that, as ill be on pins waiting
Thanks again for your reply
X

Hi shammy
Thank you for your reply. Yes thats just where ive been aching too, i need to keepbtwlling myself uts normal, and i do try, but the negative thoughts are always pushing through lately, and i dont seem to be able to push them away.
It probably is due to my scans being tomorrow.
Oh no that sounds awful about rhe panic attack, i hope the counselling is helping.
Im goong to ring my cns tomorrow i think. And uust hope i get results from the scans soon, and that all is ok
X

1 Like

Hey!

I finished my chemorads on 24th Dec 2020 and I still have sore hips and back. Not sure if that’s down to just the treatment or the fact i was left with fractures to my pelvis from the radiation. Speak to your GP and they will prescribe you something to control the pain. If make take a couple of try’s to get the right concoction though… too me 4 months to feel pain free again. I am still on pain meds, I came off them back in Sept 21 thinking I wasn’t in pain anymore, why take the meds right? Wrong!! As soon as that last pill was out my system… oh my word the pain was back in full force!! So straight back on them! It means that I can move about freely rather than in agony. I too started up walking again (for a charity event for Macmillan) in Oct 21 and not having those pain meds in my system made 1 mile very very hard!
So In answer to your question… the aches n pains are a crappy normal to treatment but seek advice from GP to control it! Hope you are feeling better soon x

Hi orchid 86.
Thanks for your reply.
I saw my GP and was prescribed codeine, im taking with paracetamol and it is helping. I really didnt want to have to stop walking as its helping me a lot mentally, so thata good.
I had MRI & CT scan on monday so its now a waiting hame again.
Did you find out about the fractures in your pelvis at your follow up app? Or did you have other tests to find that out ?
Its really good to hear you finished your treatment in 2020 and are doing well
X

Hey Lynzibelle,
Yeh the fractures were detected on my follow up MRI 3/4 months after treatment finished. But I was relieved to find out that there was a reason for my pain! Currently waiting for a date for a MRI in the next few weeks to see how the fractures are doing (and also to check that everything is OK inside).
I’ve signed up for a charity month event in aid of Dementia this time for March - 100K walk in 31 days with the dog (but probably more myself as the pup is only 4 months haha) … so it means that I’m pushing myself a bit more.
That’s good that the GP prescribed you pain relief - don’t be afraid to go back if the codeine doesn’t fully take the pain away or you don’t think it’s sufficient. I tried a couple of different tablets/combinations before I found one that took the pain away completely!
Keep doing what you are doing :relaxed:

1 Like