First smear result Hpv positive and servere dyskaryosis - treatment needed

Hi Again

I hope you are ok.
By doctor I’m guessing this is a consultant gynecologist. I had all my colposcopies done by my consultant so try not to worry. It could be because they want to take some biopsies. If it helps I didn’t feel the biopsies being taken at all.
Sending lots of good vibes

Merryjean x

Hi all just an update after my appointment this morning……
Well I can honestly say that’s the worst thing I’ve ever had done. :disappointed: I had a doctor and 2 nurses there, they were all lovely but the colposcopy and lletz procedure were awful! I don’t know why but I found it painful and all I could think is that I needed pain relief (which I didn’t have). The whole thing took over 1 hour and unlike others, I didn’t see anything on a screen. It was switched off the whole way through. I did ask to see what was removed and it was misshapen, white and lumpy. Sorry if that’s too much info.
After the procedure I asked “you’re not going on holiday are you”? I’m not sure why they asked that? Then I was told the results can take up to 6 weeks but I’ll probably get a phone call within 2 weeks. Obviously I thought well that doesn’t sound good but now what will be will be. I’m hoping if it is the worst that they can removed it all and I won’t need any more treatment.

Has anyone else had an appointment that sounds like this but received good news? X

Hi Sarah,
I am sorry you had a rough time.
During my first colposcopy I was terrified and so upset so I totally empathise.
Try not to worry, I know its hard but try to relax and tell yourself that you have done all you can and you will get treatment if you need it.
I walked a lot to try and sort my head out and it helped hugely.
Remember if you need to have further LLETZ then ask for a GA if that would be better for you.
Sending lots of love
M xx

1 Like

Hi all sorry I haven’t posted in a long time! I desperately tried to put this whole experience to the back of my mind.

So the lletz came back as cin 3, I wasn’t told about margins so i so no idea if they were clear. I was only told I’d need a repeat smear in 6 months.

Well its been 12 due to my Gp being slow on calling me back and being told wait for an appointment. Here we are 6 months late!

The lletz was June 21, by September 21 i was suffering severe lower back pain on 1 side and given pain killer after pain killer. I soon became fed up of that and felt dismissed so stopped the tablets and learned to cope 9/10.
Since then, bleeding between periods and after sex has gone from light but continuous to constant and heavy. I have to take a change of clothes when i go out!
My Gp’s answer was start the pill, well this isn’t helping either and now I’m on Tranexamic acid to slow the bleeding. This is working but i feel drained!

Anyway, yes I’m a little anxious waiting for the smear result but I’m not as scared as last time. I think I’m come to terms with what will be will be, maybe not but we’ll see lol.

I’m posting this update because i really hope all of this turns out to be nothing serious and I’ll be able to end this journey with a positive outcome and update and maybe help someone who is an over thinker like me.

I’ll keep you all posted either way.
Sending well wishes to you all xx

1 Like