First session of Cisplatin out of 5

I had my first session of cisplatin last monday and all went well, and now im on my 4th day of my Rad session and im so ready for my next cisplatin session. energy still the same food taste ok and i keep snacking fruits and drinking loads of water. my only struggle so far was to keep my bladder full for my radiotherapy because they wont do it if not enough fuid inside the bladder to avoid damage. I hope i continue to feel like this full of energy and sleeping well and eating well. X

1 Like

Well done! :) I didn't do too badly with side effects, a lot of tiredness on about day three or four afterwards, a funny taste ( I had to stop drinking tea) and the steroids made sleeping difficult but other than that I was ok.

Hope it all goes well for you x

Good job. I pray all stays well for u. I had to take a glass of water with me when i left the house to drink on my way cause i had radation before my chemo. I would drink it on my way amd would hold it until after my radation. 

i start cisplat and rad on Monday 4/2. Getting a little nervous but after reading your post sounds like the first week wasn’t to bad. Best wishes with your treatment. 

Hi Tinker, 

dont be nervous its Really doable. I didnt feel any different the whole week, on the 3rd day i end up doing all my ironing and today which is the 5th day feel so energetic so decided to clean the whole house :-) I just keep snacking fruits and drinking loads of water. xx i hope and pray that it will continue like this. and hope all goes well with you as well. X

Thanks MM! 

Hi there I just finished my first week of chemo and radio the tiredness has got me the past two days and today I have a sligh niggle in my back.  I’ve also had bad heartburn but they say that’s a side effect from the chemo 

other than that I’m ok xx

Hello! 

I am just ahead of you! Started on 21st and feel good so far! A little tired on day 3/4 but that has now gone and feeling good! Think the positive thinking is helping a lot! Keep up the good vibes and we’ll be just fine :-)