First colposcopy

Hi I'm am due for my first colposcopy on Thursday and I'm freeking out. Surprisingly not due to what the results may show but because I have read in other posts that 2 nurses and a doctor are in the room with you. Now I'm bad enough with one nurse at a smear. The thought of having 3 complete strangers in the room when I am that vulnerable makes me feel completely sick to my stomach. Are you allowed to request no nurses to come in with you? I would really just prefer to have Me and the colposcopist in the room as I just want it over and done with. I don't want three complete strangers to witness this. I'm not nervous about the procedure or the results untill I go there and I'm a grin and bear it sort of person. I just want to go in get it done and leave with only one strange person seeing my private parts. It may sound weird but I would just feel so much better about the whole thing if it was a more private thing and the less people who are there the better. Has anyone ever refused the nurses and if so how did the clinic take it? Did they respect your wishes or were they a bit funny about it? 

I recently had my first. It was only myself and the obgyn who owns a private practice. I've been going to her for years and I can still say it's always uncomfortable and vulnerable regardless of the reason I'm there! I hope they respect your wishes, best of luck!

It was just me, the nurse and an assistant and to be honest I was in major panic mode - they were lovely and really really helped put me at ease. You can make your request when you are there - it’s your body and your appointment - best wishes x 

It was just me, the nurse and an assistant and to be honest I was in major panic mode - they were lovely and really really helped put me at ease. You can make your request when you are there - it’s your body and your appointment - best wishes x