Feeling confused & in the dark post colposcopy

Hi everyone,
I’m fairly new to all of this but after scaring myself silly with Dr Google I decided it was best to chat with like minded people.
I had my first appointment with a consultant yesterday after experiencing lots of pelvic and back pain and bleeding after sex for over 6 weeks. He did a colposcopy and took a biopsy after seeing an area he said was suspicious as it bled as soon as he touched it. It all seemed very rushed and I didn’t really get he reassurance or advice I wanted. He said my results could take up to 6 weeks and I needed to wait for a scan appointment to come through.
I’m so scared and fed up of people telling me it’s not cc you’re too young (I’m 28) but no one seems to understand how I’m feeling. Has anyone else experienced this? And has anyone been left waiting long for results to come through?
Also did anyone else experience pain/feeling really unwell after the biopsy? How long does it last?
X

Hey,

Oh yes, I've been there with Dr Google and worrying! 

I've had similar experiences - pain during sex, bleeding after and pelvis pain around period and like you I was rushed in for a colposcopy and biopsy. I'm a fine one to talk because I'm a worrier too but unfortunately all we can do is hold tight and wait for the results. I'm 27 and had severly abnormal cells removed yesterday. It did hurt inside after - much like the pain I had been experiencing around my period and I am still aware of a few pangs down there but that doesnt surprise me seeing though they took a hot wire to my cervix!

I was told if you do experience pain, abnormal bleeding or unusual discharge to call your doctors ASAP.

Hope everything goes ok for you hun. 

xxx

Hi! 

My biopsy results came through within 2 weeks. They found CIN3 so had to go for lltez 2 weeks later. The result from that came through this morning (CIN2 removed smear in 6 months) less than 2 weeks later! I appreciate I'm very lucky at the speed they came through. I understand how you're feeling, it's such an anxious time, I was so fed up of hearing people say "you don't have iregular bleeding, you can't have cc" I actually have pcos so my normal cycle is irregular! Anyway, good luck with your results, hope they come through soon! Steer clear of google, it's the scariest place! Take care xx

Thank you for the advice :) Its nice to know im not alone and there are people out there who understand how I'm feeling. I'm still off work following my appointment because of the pain and bleeding following my biopsy...I'm cabin crew so the last place I want to be is away from home. Hopefully my results will come through soon and this dreaded waiting game will be over x