Error in treatment!!

Hi guys.. this is my first post. 
I was diagnosed with cervical cancer stage2b adenocarnoma on August 9th this year. Shortly afterwards on the same day I met my oncologist. She explained the process.. at this point I fully trusted everyone. 3 week later I had my first chemo. I was given carboplatin and pacltaxol. Man did I feel rough afterwards. But the plan was to have this every3 weeks for 18 weeks then radiotherapy. So duly went along for checkup post 2.5weeks chemo. Only to be told they'd made a mistake!! I should have been having weekly Cisplatin and daily radiotherapy!! I then had a planning CT scan. That was 3 weeks ago. Last Thursday I got asked to go for another CT scan. Up until the "mistake" I was fairly relaxed about the whole thing. But now my head is in such a mess, I'm so stressed and worried. By the time I finally start my treatment I would have been well and truly finished if I'd had the right treatment first time round. 
sorry for winging... just needed to get it out!! 

emsjc xx

My goodness, that's dreadful. Standard treatment for 2B is chemorads. However, some of the ladies with more advanced (stage 3 sometimes but usually 4) -tumours start on the chemo mix you describe first to mop up any stray cells around the body before they tackle the main tumour with the usual.  It's very bad that  this has happened but hopefully it hasn't really caused any harm. You do need to complain though. 

Karen x 

Hi

So sorry that you've been landed with this very stressful situation.  As if you didn't have enough to deal with. 

None of us knows where this thing is going to take us, even if treatment goes smoothly and to plan. It could just possibly be a blessing in disguise.  That one session of chemo may have knobbled a nasty stray cell that would have given you problems in the future. And, at least in the long run, hopefully no harm done.

xx

Hi :-)

So shocked to read that! Hope things are going OK now!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli