Enlarged lymph node on CT scan

Hi I haven't posted for a long time I have just had a CT scan for peace of mind and it has come back as abnormal. 

My GP couldn't offer much advice the letter from the hospital says I have an enlarged lymph node which could be a potential reoccurrence. Due to the grainy images of the CT scan they can't be sure so I am back in the chain of waiting for a referral to my gynecologist and she will discuss what's next. The CT showed everything else is ok just one lymph node does anyone have any experience of this I am having an emotional meltdown with it all. 

I had cervical cancer stage 1b1 and hysterectomy with lymph node removal which was all clear in 2011. 

Any advice I would be grateful for.

Thanks

Jen

Hi Jen. 

Its not quite the same but when I was diagnosed scans were showing that I had 2 enlarged nodes in my pelvis. PET scan came back clear but they were still enlarged when they were taken out during my hysterectomy. They ended up coming back completely clear. 

Nodes can become enlarged for a lot of reasons doesn’t always mean it would be the worst case scenario. Also even if (I hope it doesn’t) come back as a recurrence then you will have a lot of options, more so because you weren’t treated with chemorads initially. 

I have my fingers crossed everything comes back clear and normal. Do keep us posted on what happens. 

Alice xx

Alice has given great answer already. However, you don't say where the lymph node is. Is it in the pelvis or elsewhere?

Karen x 

Hi Karen sorry yes it's in my pelvis area near my right ovary. They know me well up there she said to try not to worry as the lymphs can swell for many reasons so I'm just trying to keep that thought in my head.

Yes, I agree, they certainly can. Also if it is a recurrence but it's in the pelvis then it's curable.