Deeper in cervix

Just had my second LEEP procedure today, first was in 2017. Dr said my past 2 tests have found “rare high grade cell changes” deeper in my cervix, so this time she went a little deeper “but not as deep as she normally would” because I may want another child. It takes almost 2 months for results, I am praying for clear margins this round.

Has anyone had it deeper and needed to go again for another LEEP???

I am worried that its the high grade cell changes being detected but the LEEP may find something worse deeper?

I am most likely overthinking.

Hello so I believe you’re talking about CGIN.
This is what I had too, High grade CGIN, i only had one Leep procedure. Didn’t need a second. I my first smear after was normal and just waiting for the next one in the next few months. If that’s also clear then I will go back to normal smear timelines again
Heads up it will be discussed at a MDT meeting, this is totally normal for any result of CGIN, as they all need to agree that the margins are clear.

@Letsdothis That’s great that you only needed the 1 LEEP. I hope my margins come back clear also. I had no idea that it is discussed at a MDT meeting, I had never heard of that. It brings comfort knowing it is thoroughly reviewed though, maybe this is why it takes so long for the results to come back.

I have CGIN and due to incomplete excision (due to it being higher up), they have offered me a hysterectomy

turns out is was just HSIL , they are questioning clear margins from the LEEP but dr said she assumes that anything that may have been left would be burned by the cauterization. I guess I’ll find out and pray for a clear pap in 6 months followup!