Covid 19

Got my treatment plan today. Start 30th March   5 weeks chemo rads and then brachy.

The consultant said this may change. Ie I would only have radiotherapy and they would extend it for 2 weeks.

Now being rather selfish at this time I want all the treatment so I'm now so worried I won't get the best because of this virus. 

I have plenty of time to mull over this as I'm now stuck at home as the job I do puts me at risk. 

Hi H, 

So no chemo or chemo every 2 weeks? Or extend rads by 2 wks with no chemo? 

I'm worried as my start date is 9 days after yours... That's if we have an NHS left by then! 

Keeley 

Hey

Just radio for 7 weeks. 

Nothing. Else 

If this is the treatment you will be receiving please know that radiotherapy is highly effective. Some ladies are unable to have chemo and will still be cured from cervical cancer by radio and brachytherapy. 

The preffered treatment would be chemorads but chemo might be more of a risk for your health then actually beeing helpful right now. 

I do however completely understand your worries. I am so sorry you are in this position in the first place , and now having to deal with this situation on top of it all, it sucks. But keep in mind. You got this. You will manage. You will get through this.❤

I was told the radiotherapy was the main treatment for the tumours and the brachy is the icing on the cake. I think the chemo is an added bonus but obviously not 100% necessary. 

If necessary,  I expect you would be able to have chemo at a later date but hopefully the radiotherapy will do the job  xxx

PS. There are people who have not been able to tolerate the chemo, just had radio and were NED at the end of treatment x

Hi thanks everyone. 

They are still. Planning to do all 3 treatments so fingers crossed. 

I did check and for brachy the word the consultant used was "icing on the cake"

Makes me feel a bit better but I just want the best chance at beating this. 

I'll give my hospital a ring in the morning. Thanks for letting us know xxx

I juat wanted to say that my RH is also up in tn the air as COVID is in full force over in the US. Like you, I totally understand why, but is is scary for me to delay surgery and risk spread. I am praying that by May 12 things have calmed at least enough to keep my surgery date. As if cancer is not enough to worry about.

i am a teacher, so I am trapped at home teaching my atudents on-line and trying to get my ten and twelve-year-olds to do their work while also feeding and entertaining them. When this is all over, I nay have to write a book.

I juat wanted to say that my RH is also up in tn the air as COVID is in full force over in the US. Like you, I totally understand why, but is is scary for me to delay surgery and risk spread. I am praying that by May 12 things have calmed at least enough to keep my surgery date. As if cancer is not enough to worry about.

i am a teacher, so I am trapped at home teaching my atudents on-line and trying to get my ten and twelve-year-olds to do their work while also feeding and entertaining them. When this is all over, I nay have to write a book.

Good idea I would look forward to reading your book. I think these times will definatley put a different perspective on things and would make a great read for others.!

Fingers crossed all this does calm down for you to aube your surgery. 

smile