Confused & Waiting

Hello everyone! I hope that you are all well!

i have found myself on this forum because I feel I need support & advice.  I had my Pap smear on 3/10/20, and am awaiting my results. I did have a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday which was "normal." It was however extremely painful, I still have pain today and it caused me to start bleeding a bit. I have 4 children and have had many ultrasounds, but none ever hurt this bad or made me bleed. So I'm not sure why this happened. .

so in August 2019 I started with really heavy periods. And spotting between cycles. Then October 2019, I started missing my cycle completely. But would spot here and there some months. I have lots of pain during intercourse which has taken a toll on our marriage. I can't be on birth control due to a blood clotting issue, so I check my cervical mucus for for my cycle. Well a few months ago I noticed a bump or something on the inside opening of my cervix. Maybe it's normal and I never noticed it. But after more pain and no periods I finally went to the dr and now I'm waiting. 

I know that I need to receive my results to know anything. But, I was hoping a few could tell me their stories. I feel crazy. And now that my ultrasound was normal I feel

even crazier. 

thank you all,

Rebecca

Hi, I don't really have advise as I'm playing the waiting game as well. But I would like to share my experience with you. I started my period when I was 12yrs.old. My cycle was every 28 days to the day. My periods were not heavy and I didn't cramp very much at all. The only times I missed my period is if I were pregnant or skip my birth control so I wouldn't get a period. In July 2018 was the my last and only heavy flow I ever had.( I went through my clothes at work) When I didn't get my period for months. I didn't think much of it. I started to notice I was waking up drenched in sweat. I would have a hard time sleeping or staying a sleep. I was emotional, had vaginal dryness and sex drive was gone. The last time I sex it was so painful I haven't done it since. (That was in Jan. 2019....yes it's been 14 months) I thought I'm 44 so assumed I was going through "the change". I don't have a mother to guide me through these kind of things. Web MD and Dr Oz are my guides on what to expect and when to expect it. I read that some women go through menopause early. I had just assumed that's what it was. After July I spotted here and there but nothing a panty liner couldn't hold. However that changed in Nov. 2019 when I started bleeding. I had to borrow tampons for from my daughter for 3 days. I went to the Dr. because I read it's not normal to bleed after menopause. My Dr. asked me a series of questions, one being if it hurts during intercourse. I told about my last experience but that was my only experience since menopause. My Dr. did an exam, a Pap smear and ordered blood work. My test results came back ok. My prolactin levels were high but other than that my tests were normal. My test results showed I was going through peri menopause. She said I should have had the missed periods checked along time ago. She then had me schedule for an Ultrasound and biopsy to rule out everything. I just had my ultrasound done on the 10th and my biopsy on the 18th. I was pretty confident that if a I had anything I would have caught it early enough. I had noticed the bleeding and I was at the Dr. in two days. That was until the Dr. said it wasn't normal for my period to just stop. I bleed again in Dec for 3 days around Christmas then again at the end of Jan and twice in Feb. I foolishly thought my period was back but I knew inside it wasn't. My Dr. made me feel as it if I had symptoms since Aug 2018. and chose to wait to report it. If so then if I have cancer then it's been growing since then. Meaning it will be in later stages. That's what scares me. I've been freaking out with all this waiting. My family has been freaking out. I don't sleep and I have anxiety. I'm totally freaking out. You are not alone in the waiting game my friend. I wish you luck on your test results. I apologize in advance for any grammatical and/or misspelled words.

Hi Rleven727 and Mynmns1424

I also had symptoms that I thought were innocent/peri menopause and chose to just get on with life.  I distinctly remember when I had a change in discharge because I was on antibiotics (bitten by a child!) and a co worker said to me 'I hate taking antibiotics, they give you thush!' that was Nov 18.  It took me until Feb 20 to go to the docs for a smear.  

I had googled and cc had not been suggested.  

I have been on a roller coaster so far but I am not going to give myself a hard time for not knowing.  

We need to be kind to ourselves and support each other.  What is done is done.

It is true that the waiting is the hardest part.  It is also lonely - and this forum has really helped me.

Good luck and big hugs

Xx