Confused over colposcopy and biopsy

Hi there - aged 34 totally new to this and starting to panic. At first I wasn’t phased at all but now I’ve found sites like this and am starting to worry. Smear said minor borderline changes and was referred to hospital in two weeks for colposcopy. At this session they looked and said I need some treatment and booked me in quickly for this. I got a letter saying i had CIN high grade. Went for colposcopy no 2, Lletz treatment and biopsy all in one go. One week later got infection now cleared. 2 weeks into a 4 week wait for results. My worries are 1. How has a smear with small boarder line changes turned into CIN high grade 2. What is CIN high grade I.e why was there no number 1 2 3. 3. My biggest worry is that I have merrily been thinking I’m fine - treatment is done so all complete. In reality after research it seems these results I’m waiting on could reveal a problem rather than all is well ??? Should I be worried about these results or not?? Last but not least the can’t help thinking how the nurses seemed overly nice after lletz as if they knew something was wrong. But maybe I’m being paranoid ?? Don’t have many people to talk to so any advice greatly appreciated x

i think it's in our nature to worry even when not required. the whole procedure has the constant element of the unknown. I thought the same regarding the nurses but I think it's just their way of trying to make the whole situation a bit better.

I returned to hospital on 22nd december after having had 4 punch biopsies done on 21st november and was told i had pre cancerous cells (not told cin, nor the strength). was also told there was cancerous cells but no cancer 'type' given (unsure if because they couldnt establish it from the biopsy i had had). i think because we get given a lot of leaflets and read sites with the terminology we expect to hear it everywhere , which ends up not being the case. I am now awaiting results from lletz I had that day to confirm if the cancerous cells were removed along with the pre cancerous and if not what is next.

regarding the difference in results from your actual smear, the smear is done to see if any changes but isnt always correct. its basically a 'rough' check. whereas a colposcopy is more detailed.

hopefully its all straightforward and that is the end (bar more regular smears) as you thought but, and i know it's cliche, and easier said then done (i hate saying it) but it's better not to worry about what might come until it comes else you will drive yourself mad. i chased up my hospital for results just after the 3 week mark. a lot of the time they have them in a little while before they write out to you.

sorry i'm not much help just didn't want to read and run. all the best