Conflicting results MDT meeting held

Morning, 

I feel very confused at the moment.

here's my story!

january, I had another smear (1 year apart due to HPV, the first positive HPV smear, showed no cell changes). January 2021's smear showed positive HPV & boarderline changes. 

colposcopy two weeks later. Doctor noted cell changes and biopsy's taken. 

biopsies showed inflammation.

doctor said she was taking my case to MDT as what she sees isnt tallying up with my cytology report or biopsy results.

MDT took place, wrote to me...doctor saw moderate cell changes.

lletz done yesterday, didn't get much info from The doctor, only that his looking to see if I have something inside my cervix. 

has anyone experienced this? 

im ok in myself, not worried more frustrated and just wanting to see if anyone has been through a similar experience.

thank you 

Hi Ziggy, 

When I found out my case was being discussed at a multidisciplinary team meeting I did lots of research and the most common cause for discussion at MDT is a difference in cytology of two stages. So it seems that was very normal.

My interpretation of what you gave said above is that they found CIN II (moderate cell changes) and so have made the decision after a discussion to treat it, rather than leave it and see if your body fights it on its own. 

I'm not a medical professional. I've just read lots on this forum. 

I hope that helps. And I hope your recovery is going smoothly x

Thank you coming back to me.

im sure it's morning to worry over. I'm just more frustrated, if anything!

I feel like I am stuck on the biopsy's showing inflammation. The cytology and what was physically seen, makes sense, to me. 

thanks