cone biopsy (children mentioned)

Hello ladies,

I am due to have a cone biopsy under general anaestetic for CIN 3 and an adenocarcinoma of the cervix.

I have never had anything like this before so was hoping someone on here can give me an idea of recovery time? pain? bloody loss? can i drive? what can't I do? I have a physical job so how long would i need off?

I have two small children so need to prepare myself!

Thank you

Mine was day surgery and was really straightforward. I had it done on Friday morning, rested over the weekend and then back to work on Monday. I had twinges and cramps but nothing too bad. I had bleeding for about a week and a half but I think some of that was a period. It was hard to tell if it was or wasn't.

My kids are 7 and 8 (nearly 9) so old enough to look after themselves and hubby did all the other bits over the weekend. I didn't drive over that weekend but did on the Monday. I'm also on my feet all day in my job and it was fine.

Hello, I had my cone biopsy nit long ago. Bit groggy, bloated and cramps for few days then was just like a typical period I guess. I was back at work in 2 days. You lose fluid and discharge (I know not nice) for quite a few days after too so be prepared for that xx