Colposcopy appointment within one week of doctors appointment .

Hi. I went to the doctors on Monday after old symptoms had started again. Bleeding, cramping, bloating, painfull intercourse.... I had a large are of PC cells removed 2 yes ago. Today is Friday and the hospital has rang to say I have an appointment for this coming Monday! Since when did things move that quickly!!! My doctor took some swabs and did says things did look rather inflamed and not right... Happy weekend to me, they did the same last Friday too saying I had blood work that needed urgent discussion . All very high drama.

Hi

i thinks it is great they have got you in so quickly.  Did you have a recent smear?, if not then I'm guessing as you've history of PC cells and now abnormal bleeding that it is normal procedure for a referral.  

I've had mid cycle bleeding going on for 3 years now and a clear smear back in April 2014 with no referral to gynae despite continuous doctors appointments for the bleeding.   I find this most annoying now my recent smear has come back adenocarcinoma in situ (HG CGIN). 

Have you had the discussion yet regards to your bloods?

Anyway from my smear results to my colposcopy appointment was 6 days.  I was told before hand i'd be getting a treatment biopsy done there and then.  That was last Thursday.

i hate waiting so hopefully neither of us will have to wait to get answers.  

Hello!

I just wanted to say that I had a colposcopy today - and my smear test was on the 7th october - had a letter dated 14th saying abnomal cells and a referal arranged ... then 10 days after that I've had the procedure. so all in all a iittle over 3 weeks. I've had friends who were moved through quite quickly too. I suppose it's a good thing - the wait is the worst! I think if you've had cells previously removed then maybe that's why?

I hope your app went okay x