Clervical cancer

I am due for my 6 months checking up. Will be 4 years this years coming up. Do u ever get back to normal. I stay feeling very tired all the time.
I am having still having good n bad days. I have been to lymphoedema clinic swelling of legs. Exercise daily n wearing garments now. Go back in may to clinic. Does it get any better.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

So sorry to hear you’re still struggling after 4 years, and that you’ve been hit with lymphoedema as well as the menopause. With both of these things I’m not surprised you’re very tired. Are you on HRT? Are the garments helping at all? You’ve got so much to cope with that I’m not surprised you feel drained. I hope things will get better for you.

Hi Sharon

I’m a year on from you - 5 years since my treatment next month.

I know we’ve chatted in the past about lymphoedema; I get tired and I feel the lymphoedema contributes to that. Are your compression garments controlling your swelling? If not tell your lymphoedema clinic, it can take some trial and error to get garments that work well - took me over 2 years. I find I do better if I pace myself; my lymphoedema gets worse if I exercise intensely - it’s a nusiance but I’ve sort of accepted it as my new norm

Have you told your oncology team or GP about your fatigue? - maybe you need some investigations such as blood tests to check for vitamin B12 deficiency.

Also, as Jacks has asked, are you on HRT? Have you had any support for your menopause?

I suggest writing your concerns down so you can get the best out of your appointment in May; it’s easy to forget things in the heat of the moment.

x

1 Like