CIN2 biopsy taken, urgent call to go to hospital

Hey, so looking for a bit of advice/reassurrance hopefully. I had a smear done in September, it was 5 yrs since my last one which was all fine then and was told to get another in 3 yrs. Covid and then having a baby delayed this. Have had abnormal bleeding mainly after sex for about 2 to 3 yrs now which i thought was polyps. Referred to gynaecologist where they did a smear. Results came back hpv positive and cin2 cells. Went for Colposcopy and they took a biopsy and because we said we wanted another baby, they said they can do conservative management for up to 2 yrs as long as it doesn’t progress. They said they would send out my biopsy results in 4 weeks by post.That was 2 weeks ago and now ive had a call from the Colposcopy clinic saying they need me to come in today to have a chat. My mind is in overdrive, has anyone been in this situation and had a relatively positive story. Thank you :heartbeat:

1 Like

@Sarah1987

Hope everything went okay and the news wasn’t awful.

I’d offer advice but seems a little late now.

Peachy x

Aw thanks . As i suspected, i wasnt being brought in for good news. Its cervical cancer and need to have an mri to determine stage. Consultant said he thinks stage 2 from the biopsy. Gutted as im only 36, due to get married next year and wanted another baby. I just hope now i can beat this and see my little boy grow up x

1 Like

@Sarah1987

It’s such a gut punch and for what is worth I am sorry that you’ve joined this club. It’s a bag of suck (I’d say worse but you cannot swear on the forum :blush:)

I completely hear you about children. I never had the option before CC so I won’t do you a disservice by saying I can relate, lovely.

Treatment is very manageable and they will treat you to cure you. I am 1 month out of 3C1 staging and have a massive diary thread if you get bored.

If you have any questions just ask as everyone is very supportive. Don’t think you have to do this alone. The ladies on here were a life line when I initially thought I had 3C2 and was crying when writing my initial post!

Hugs
Peachy

Aw thank you so so much. People not going through this just don’t know what to say so I’m glad i have this forum to go to going forward. Will take a look at your thread and thanks again for replying xx

1 Like