cin 2 lletzs issues

Hi
New to this and not sure I’m posting on riget area.
I had a pelvic examination and sent for emergency colposcopy. Had biopsy taken. Waited 4 weeks with no results and then phone call out of nowhere saying I was being sent for emergency lletzs procedure.
I managed to see my results in my file and it was cin 2 hpv positive.
I had the procedure 2 days ago and no bleeding or discharge whatsoever. I do however have pain inside but not cramps.
Sorry to go on but got very little information from hospital so not sure what to expect. Any advice much luck appreciated.

Hayley

you came to the right place to talk about this, firstly try not to worry sweet and dont read too much into anything on google, I hve recently had LLETZ due to CIN3 and high risk hpv. However im sorry your nurse did not give you more information following your results. CIN are pre cancerous cells which come in grades, 1-mild 2-moderate 3-severe, in no way does the result mean you have cervical cancer, but they do the procedure to prevent the cells developing further. 

its the wait which can make us more anxious but if there is anything you need to ask, just ask here, everyone is so lovely and helpful. 

Ive been having inside pain for over a week and when discussed with my Gp they informed me it was normal and can continue for weeks.

if there is brisk bleeding and/ or a foul odour then please go to your GP as there may be a risk of infection.

if you need to talk just send me a message. I hope this helps!

take care and stay positive xx 

Hi, I reacen had a lletz for cin3, I know it's all scary but try not to worry, I'm surprised the said a emergency lletz because a lot of places are not taking a watch and wait approach to cin 2, they really should think before they say things like that how it will scare you. Try not to worry to much i know it's hard im in the same situation but the lletz is 90% effective So odds are its all remove . X

Thank you for your kind words. I'm just astonished that everything was done so quickly.

My surgeon said that although the procedure went well she was unable to tell me until histology report comessage back if there is anything more sinister. I'm scared to death that it will be bad news. 

I had general anesthetic and feel quite down and extremely tI red. 

I'm going to just go back to work and try not to worry. If that's possible. 

I had never heard of hpv before all of this and still not sure I understand it.

I hope you guys feel better soon.

I'm glad I found this place . Thank you xxxx

Hi Hayle, HPV is the human papilloma virus it is essentialy a form of the herpes virus, don't panic herpes is not just a std I causes warts, coldsaws ect.. It also causes a virus that can contribute to changes in the cervi, throat, anus and penis. There are strands that are harmless and some causes genital warts and some contribute to cancer. most cervical cancers are caused by HPV but because we have this fantastic screening process it can be detected and treated. your body will always carry hpv now you can never get rid of it, but you're body can fight it to be dormant. 8 out of 10 people have this so don't feel bad or guilty or anything like that. Once the lletz is performed and the nasty parts are gone this triggers the immune system to fight the hpv back into a dorman state, just like some people get flare ups of colsaws when there I'll or rundown. My dr said the same they can't rule cancer out until the report is back, that doesn't mean that they think it is, it's just a hospital thing ( I work in one ) it's to legally protect the dr. Everyone fears the worst it's only natural but Lee as buzzy as you can and rest well, I'm 2 weeks post lletz and I'm worried about post and the phone ringing but I'm trying to be as levels headed as possible. The ga will make you feel groggy for a while but also this whole thing does on top of the ga, I had la and iv pretty much slept the past 2 week. hope this helps it's what info I got when I quizzed my dr haha. X

sorry about the naff spelling my phone seems to struggle on this site :-)