Cervix Pain, "Cervical ectropion" noted.

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader.

In short: I have been having unusual cervical pain. I am due on my period any day, and the cervical pain has lasted all day. I also noticed this cervical pain last month, as well as some shooting type pains not related to my period. The cervical pain feels like a sore, crampy sensation - a pressure or heaviness in my cervix. Has anyone else had anything similar? Can this sort of cervical pain be a sign of something ominous?

I had my smear on the 28th of Feb and they said it can take up to one month for the results. It was my first in 3 years following an abnormal smear in 2015, which led to biopsy. Then was put on yearly smears, which came back normal, then returned to 3 yearly.

3 years is a long time to wait, and I wont be leaving it that long again. I have been very worried about my smear and was counting down until the NHS would book me in.

I have been having a series of tests to identify the cause of some lower abdomonal and severe back pain but we have mostly been going down the IBS route. Recently I have been noticing pain in my cervix.
During the smear the nurse said she could see "Cervical Ectropian" which immediately worried me - however I had my coil removed on the 15th of Jan and the Dr told me she did not notice anything and that my cervix was unremarkable.

Cervical ectropian just looks like a red cervix right? Isnt that also what early cancer stages look like? How can the nurse tell thats what it is?

I am due on my period any day which I have no doubt is aggrivating my cervic causing the pain - however its a new thing feeling cervix pain around my period. I have read adhesions can cause this pain during the cyclical opening of the cervix around your period.

Any insight or advice warmly received. I am dreading the results of my smear but I have a long wait ahead of me :(

Hi 

I know it’s easier said than done but don’t worry. A cervical ectropian is just where they find some abnormal cells and cauterise them (this is called an ectropian I believe) it’s means they just remove the cell. I’ve just been for my colposcopy and they took a biopsy I’m praying and have everything crossed that that’s all I need too.

can I check is this pain really low and is similar to a constant stick u feel when you’ve walked too fast? I have a similar pain to this and also my cervix is inflamed x

Hi just wanted to say hi!

I took have been suffering with pelvic pain way before my period is due and have bleeding sometimes after intercourse and between periods! I've been feeling really scared and worried its cervical cancer. I had my smear today and my doctor said I have cervical ectropion also and said usually it's nothing to worry about. Could of Been caused my infection on the contraceptive pill!! 

I too now have a long wait. Maybe we can wait and update together x

The pain is sharp and sometimes a slight burning sensation or at times fast, sharp “lightening crotch” similar to what I had during pregnancy. Having had a baby and gone throw the colposcopy/ biopsy in the past I’m certain it’s my cervix . It’s really low and in the middle. 

I read your cervix opens a little before your period and lesions can cause this to be a little painful 

:/

Yes, wishing you all the best. 

Im currently suffering with the pain and my period is due tomorrow. I’m also suffering from litany of niggling little pains around my abdomen and a bad back. 

Of course I’ve been having periods for a long time but these pains feel different. Worth mentioning I had a coil removed in January. This is my second period without the coil and of course they are heavier than when I had the Mirena. X

Hi,

has anyone had their results yet?x