Cervical ectropion?

Hi all, new here and a little worried. I saw my GP yesterday for persistent pelvic pain having had a normal smear result a few years ago. She carried out an exam and found my cervix was unusual, she suspects a cervical ectropion which I did have several years ago however she’s not so sure as it is presenting much differently to how it would usually present. She has referred me for a colposcopy and ultrasound and I like to be informed so went to the NHS website, but now I’m really worried it might be something more sinister.
Should I be worried?

Update: I had a blood test taken at the same appointment and I got a call telling me they want me back in 3 months for another one but the receptionist didn’t say why. Usually when I get bloods they are always fine and never need a follow up and so now I’m really worried.

Hi there
I’m new here too. I went to the gp after an episode of bleeding. Had no pain then. She examined me and said it was from my cervix and she’d seen something she wasn’t happy with. So I was urgently referred and my apt is tomorrow. In the past few days I seem to have been hit with all sorts of abdo, pelvic and leg pain and I’m so worried.

So although I can’t answer your question I just wanted to let you know you’re not alone. It’s such a horrible feeling not knowing and second guessing the worst. Xxx

1 Like

Glad to know im not the only one! It’s so scary waiting and not knowing. I think im just more worried as I’ve had an ectropion a few years ago and this time the symptoms are completely different, so I don’t think it’s an ectropion this time. I will just have to wait and see what the tests show but it’s truly torture not knowing!

Yeah I’m the same. I had that years ago but don’t remember any pains…. Xxx

1 Like