Cervical changes normal?

New here. Hello.

I have a smear scheduled Dec 29th. I have birth 14 weeks ago(not sure if it’s relevant). And after everything mostly healed i did a cervical exam on myself at about 8 weeks postpartum. I found several lumps and some scaly texture on my cervix.
Other issues include-
Stringy mucous streaked with blood(occasional but a lot and thick)
Menstrual like cramps that have lasted for several weeks(constant dull ache for the most part)
Lower back pain

My last smear was when i was 8-10 weeks pregnant and it was normal(so almost a year ago). So far I’ve only had one period since giving birth. It was heavy and chunky(tmi sorry) with soooo much blood. More than used to. I guess my question is, can cancer just appear that quickly? And has anyone else felt scaly lumps on there cervix and it not be cancer?

Hey!

I wouldn't worry yourself too much given how recently you've given birth. A lot of changes went on in your uterus and lumpy heavy periods can be expected. A whole placenta used to be attached to the uterine wall. The cervix itself goes through a lot with birth and you're bound to feel cramps etc with your uterus returning back down into the pelvis to it's normal size. Your smear is very soon and will hopefully pick up anything if something is wrong, but given the amazing stuff your body has done recently I wouldn't worry yourself until you get those results if you can manage it. 

Thank you for your response. I saw the doctor yesterday and she couldnt even do the smear due to any type of insertion of instrument being too painful. But she felt with her fingers and just said that lumps on the cervix are normal. I dont quite believe her. Also she said i could have vestibulitis. But having not had an actual smear done im very skeptical and she downplayed all my symptoms. Are lumps actually normal?