cancer starting to grow again

Ive just found out my tumour has started growing again, has anyone else had this happen? I have a pet scan in the morning to check if its spread anywhere else. I was originally diagnosed at stage 2b and ive had 5 chemo/25 radio and 4 brachytherapy. I was told it looks like it will be an operation depending in my next scan 

Yes, mine did too. I has adenosquamous stage two. I didn't get the brachytherapy but had 5 cispaltin and 32 radiotherapy.

I had the pet scan and mine hadn't spread so had the operation just over 3 weeks ago.

There are more chemo options if it has spread.

Thankyou so much for replying, looking through all the posts the treatment seems to have worked for everyone else, she said I’ll probably need to have my cervix and uterus taken out and possibly an operation on my bowel depending on my pet scan results

Who gave you the info Unicorns? I think what you have been told sounds a little vague. Sue's information is absolutely correct. If the cancer remains within the pelvis they may  be able to offer you surgery. You need to be prepared for this to be quite radical with a long recovery time and you need to talk a lot more about this with your surgeon. If it has spread outside the pelvis they are unlikely to offer you surgery. That is what they are searching for  on the PET scan and I am wondering if they could have explained this a little more clearly. 

The very best of luck with your PET tomorrow.  I hope it brings good news. If you do get to have the surgery there are plenty of us happy to support you through it.

Karen 

It was my oncologist, she was quite vague about the treatment but I assumed she was waiting for me to have the pet scan. If it has spread is more chemo an option? I’ve been ready big up on exenteration and I’m guessing that’s the operation I’d have if it hasn’t spread x

That's right. I replied to you on the other thread but there are a few of us in the advanced forum who have had exenteration surgery. If you apply to join there it's a smaller group and your posts won't get missed. We will help. You are not alone :)

Karen x 

Thankyou, I’ll ask to join now x