Cancelled colposcopy, missed 2 week wait, CGIN

I was called by my GP surgery 2 weeks ago and let know I was being referred for Colposcopy within 2 weeks wait for suspected cancer.  Today, the day before my appointment I have been told it's cancelled and they don't know when they will be able to fit me in.  My anxiety is through the roof.  I'd booked the day off work and my partner (a paramedic) had rearranged his shift to take me which is no easy task at the moment.  I don't know what to think or who to go to for advice and help.  Where do I start? 

I'm so sorry to hear this. Can you ring your GP or speak with the colposcopy clinic directly via phone? 

Hi, Lemon Lavender.  Thank you.  Yes I think my first port of call will be to phone the colposcopy clinic in the morning and then GP if I don't get anywhere with them.  They cited staffing issues which I understand and I expressed my concern about it not then being within the 2 week wait.  She tried to reassure me by saying they'd still get me in in the 2 week wait which was a moot point given tomorrow is the last day of my 2 week wait.  She was admin though and not a lot she could do as she said everyone had gone home.  Hopefully all will be clearer tomorrow.