Can you have LLETZ whilst on your period

Smile

Hi I’m new on here just had a letter for LLETZ procedure as a polyp I had removed shows CIN 3. I’ve realised the date will be around my period time although I usually only last 2 days. The letter doesn’t mention anything about this just says the procedure can’t be performed  if you’re pregnant or going on holiday in the 4 weeks following. Does anyone know the answer to this? I’m not on the pill so can’t take them back to back to delay period. 

Many thanks 

Hi I had no replies but just to say incase anyone else is in same position that yes you can. I had my LLETZ today and was indeed on my period I came on yesterday. They were absolutely fine in colposcopy clinic said they didn’t mind at all as long as they could see my cervix clearly and I was okay with it. They just cleaned area with saline and all was fine. 

Thanks to your response, im in this situation now. Due to have my LLETZ on wednesday and started my period 2 days before even though im not due on! tried to ring but not getting through. Im hoping ill still be able to have it done.

Oh I'm glad I found this information. 
I was due on my period on fri. It's now Sunday. I think the stress off all this has stoped my periods as I'm never late. I have all the signs of it coming but no period. I'm due my LLetz treatment on wed. I'm hoping it hurry's up so that I won't be bleeding much by Wednesday.