Can LLETZ results differ from Colposcopy biopsy results?

Hi there,

I have my LLETZ on Monday under GA and was wondering if the LLETZ biopsy results can come back different from the original coloposcopy biopsys? I know they don't go as deep in to the cervix, so just wondering if its common for the results to come back different?

Thank you in advance xx

Hello,

I wish you the best of luck on the 15th. I do not have the answer to your question but I'm in your same situation. Just got my CIN3 result today and need to schedule the LEEP tomorrow. Please keep us posted on your results and experience. I'm going to follow this in hopes that someone can give some good info. Try and keep your head clear and positive :)

Hi Witchy1,

Thank you for your kind words, I will give an update after my surgery. Good luck to you too!

Meg x

Hi guys,

I’m new here. Had a similar situation... 

I’m 25 and had my first abnormal smear a few weeks ago, then Colposcopy which found CIN3 with HPV. 

Had LLETZ on Tuesday this week and am now waiting for results. Could take 4-6 weeks. 

I’m pretty scared, but trying to stay positive. 

I hope all of your procedures went ok. 

Xx

Hi Vfeebs93,

You're right we are in a similar situation! I have my LLETZ on the 15th so fingers crossed it all goes okay. i'm nervous. Did you have yours under General?

Fingers crossed the results come back okay, will be thinking of you. Please keep us posted.

xx

Hello! 

In my case, the results did come back differently! My smear only showed ASCUS, the biospy results from my colposcopy came back as CIN 2 and my LLETZ results came back CIN 3 (with clear margins...meaning they got it all) 

Sorry to hear you're going through this as well. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long to get your results..I know the waiting is the hardest part!