Bowel/pelvic spasms - fear recurrence

I’m having a massive moment here of panic. I had 2a CC just over a year ago and the usual chemoradiation. Since starting oral HRT on a higher dose I would get occasional pelvic cramps that were really severe. Then it started happening around dodgy bowel times (of which there were many) where I’d be doubled up in pain across my stomach and pelvis for up to 2 hours waiting for pain relief to kick in. This past week it has escalated to a new level. I’ve had around 7 attacks and 4 in the last 24hrs. I’m scared of eating / toileting / leaving the house. etc incase anything sets it off. It’s excruciating. Pressure pain in my bum, aches in my tummy and contraction like spasms in my pelvis. Either crouching or sitting semi upright seem to help a little but I just have to wait it out.

Last night I thought I could feel a hard mass in my abdomen and it’s still there this morning. I called my nurse who discussed it with my consultant who feel it’s likely radiation damage and have ordered a ct. It’ll be a week or so before I get an appointment after the scan and MDT discussion etc.

I can’t shake the fear it’s back. I’m tired, less appetite, physically drained and just generally meh. Before this week I’d be fine between attacks but now I’m bloated and uncomfortable all the time. Don’t know what to do with myself :frowning:

Hi Bella,

So sorry nobody has got back to you here, I didn't want to read and run. I think we all get gripped by the fear of recurrence at some point after treatment, certainly I did. I don't know anything at all about your symptoms but I think you have done the right thing by telling your team about it immediately. Hopefully the time until you get your results won't drag too awfully and there will be some good news at the end of the wait.

(((((HUGS)))))
Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Edit: Ooops! I see Helsweld did get back to you :-) I failed to spot that this post has several iterations :-)