Bowel and Wind

Hi all,

Its been almost 3 years since I completed treatment and I have developed a few rather annoying, embarrasing and worrying problems!

Excess wind… horrendous, constant and not very pleasant!

Unpleasant bowel movements!

Small clot and fresh blood from the back passage (happened twice).

I was told by the doctor it was a build up of excess acid in my gut and was prescribed some meds for it, but these have not had any effect.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

Hi @xxHHxx ,

I don’t wanna read and run.

I am a year and a month post treatment from chemorads as well. I do have similar side effects, I noticed I do tend to have more air and weird bowel movements. Also have tiny clots and fresh blood from bowel movements here and there. I’m not sure if it’s related to what I eat or whatnot. Can’t help but worry and I have my follow up next month.

I think these are common side effects of the treatments we’ve gone through. I’ve read in some of the posts here that taking probiotics help and doing a diary of food you eat which might trigger it more? I just want to let you know you’re not alone. Much love. Xx

I’m 3 1/2 years out from treatment, I’ve had rectal bleeding with bowel movements quite a few times, I should probably get around to having a colonoscopy but just haven’t done it. They say it’s really common after the radiation. I do feel I’m pretty gassy in the mornings & feel a quite bit of pressure.

Hi. I’m 16 months post treatment and have same bowel problems. Filled with wind in the mornings and it can feel like a tennis ball trying to pass through my gut. Can get it after eating too. I am now on a low fodmap diet and take 1 omeprazole each morning for acid reflux. I also take probiotic supplements daily. This helps me manage symptoms well. You should keep a food diary. Food I used to eat I can’t anymore. Doctor advised it is the treatment that can cause these problems.