Bleeding at the end of treatment

Where do I begin…. Not sure what my stage of cervical cancer is and it’s been a rollercoaster. I only have 4 external radiation treatments left and I started to bleed heavily. Currently admitted because I cannot take tranexamic acid sue to being susceptible to blood clots. I only had one chemo treatment that kicked my ass so hard my platelets plummeted and I haven’t been able to recover to receive another chemo. One doctor says the bleeding is from radiation and the tumor pulling away from the wall, another doctor says the radiation will help stop the bleeding. Going into a long weekend when I won’t be able to receive radiation for 4 days, I am beyond terrified and confused. My doctors have moved up my brachytherapy which I’m also scared of but not sure if it can be done if I’m actively bleeding. I’m a mom of 1 who was an absolute miracle baby that I was told I could never have and now I can only see her through and iPad screen or short visits. The bleeding has seemed to slow a bit and yesterday stopped entirely but it has showed up again today. Has anyone else experienced similar? Hospital life is the pits

2 Likes

Mine was graded at stage 2B. I went through a little over a month of external chemo/radiation. Ive had a gorrible time side effect wise since the beginning. Then i went through a total of 4 brachytherapy treatments. I am a few days past a week done with treatment. All of the side effects are still pretty bad. I havent had quite the same experience but i did bleed severely at the end of the very last brachytherapy treatments when they were removing the device. They stuffed me witb some type of gauze and applied some type of solution to help the bleeding stop. Thats about as close to similarities i can gice you, which i know isnt the same. I guess im telling you because i can fully understand the agony youre going through mentally and physically (just in a different way physically). I was hospitalized rught before my fordt brachy treatment and kept there for days. Hospital life is definitely the pits. I would definitely ask your doctors more questions in order to try and get a better understanding if they arent explaining your stage or whats going on to you. You deserve to know! I hope your body starts reacting better and you dont have a miserable time getting through and fighting this!! As others on here have told me, it will take time, healing your body and mind through this is a huge challenge. But you can do it, even on your worst days, youve got this!! Try not to be too hard on yourself. Be proud for finding some where to reach out and feel safe enough to post this/ask questions. Feel free to reqch out if theres anything i can answer or try to give you any piece of mind.
Sending my absolute best wishes!

I haven’t experienced heavy bleeding but in the last days of radiation I had period like pain and some bleeding which only lasted a little bit but I remember I was very very scared. I hope it will stop soon for you as well.