Bleeding an Update

Hi all,

I posted on her a while ago about intermittent vaginal bleeding.

I have been to and fro A&E for 2 years with bowel obstructions and I have had 3 CT scans. Each time I always ask if there is anything “ominous” and I have been told no, just scar tissue.

I was told I have radiation enteritis in April which was diagnosed from the CT scan. Again I asked if there was anything “ominous” and I was told no.

Since Wednesday the vaginal bleeding has been pretty much constant, not a lot but still there. I went to the gynae clinic today and I was told, the first radiologist checked the scan (in April) and didn’t find anything but when another radiologist checked it he or she found a shadow and they wrote me and which I had rang them and cancel the MRI appointment!. I told the doctor today I hadn’t been told about this shadow and this is the first time I have heard about it and I didn’t receive any letter and I certainly didn’t ring up and cancel. The doctor didn’t believe me or thought I was simple.

The doctor told I will have an urgent MRI scan in about 2 weeks and they will write to me. I will be ringing the gynae nurse if I haven’t heard anything by Wednesday.

I am petrified, terrified and anything else. I have previously had 30 doses of radiotherapy and 3 brachytherapy and I can’t have anymore. The doctor today didn’t give me much hope.

Sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lisa

I am so sorry to hear about your current situation. Good idea to plan to call your nurse next week if you don’t get your letter soon.

Sending my very best wishes that things turn out better than you are fearing.

x

1 Like

Hi, @NightFury, @jd140589, @Memagh and @Jazza,

I have just come home from the gynae clinic and the vaginal bleeding is happening because my pelvic floor has dropped because of the treatment and he told to contact the late effects clinic. I am over the moon and I asked him to marry me!, ha, ha, ha.

I thought I would let you all know and thank you so much for your kindness and support.

Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 Likes

Gosh never in a million years i thought a dropped pelvic floor is something worth celebrating lol!!! So happy for you :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Awk Lisa I’m so happy for you! Well not happy for the dropped pelvic floor but for nothing ominous!
And now breathe! :black_heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Izzzy76,

Thank you for your reply.

I am with you sister on celebrating a dropped pelvic floor.

x

1 Like

Hi @NightFury,

Thank you.

We don’t ‘arf have a lot but who cares as long as isn’t “ominous”. We have all had enough of that.

Love and good vibes x

This made me VERY happy to read! I’m so relieved for you, Lisa - that’s fantastic news (not the pelvic floor thing, of course, but y’know…) :joy:
I am currently celebrating on your behalf with some non-alcoholic wine and a lorazepam! Partaaaay.

Lots of love xxx

3 Likes

Hi @jd140589,

Thank you for your reply.

I didn’t hear much after I was told it wasn’t “ominous”.

He advise me to contact the late effects clinic and to see my colorectal consultant. And he also told me if I need them to contact the gynae nurses but I was nearly out of the door at that point

I must say you are a bit of a party animal having non alcoholic wine and lorazepam. I fell asleep at 9.00pm and woke up at 6.00am and I still had my make on, skanky, ha, ha, ha

Lisa x

1 Like

That’s so good to hear Lisa; what a relief :relieved: Hopefully the late effects clinic can help with your pelvic floor.

x

2 Likes

Hi @Jazza,

Thank you and my family and myself are very relieved.

Thank you for your kindness and support and I hope your late effects are better.

I spoke to the late effects clinic earlier this year and they told me they couldn’t help me with my late effects!. I will pop over to our local Maggie’s centre and have a chat with someone there.

Love and good vibes,

Lisa x

1 Like

Hi Lisa

Just to mention, in case you’re not already aware, women’s health physiotherapists are trained in management of the pelvic floor. I was referred to such a physio a 2 or 3 years back and she was very helpful.

x

2 Likes

Hi @Jazza,

Thank you for letting me know that. I will certainly get in touch with the late effects clinic regarding that.

Love and good vibes,

Lisa x

1 Like

Hi Lisa, I was wondering how you are. I hope and pray that you are well and that it wasn’t a recurrence. I haven’t started treatment yet and your posts has given me hope and strength. It’s like this disease is a never ending battle. Sending much love. Xx

1 Like