Bleeding after sex post Lletz

I had lletz 4 weeks ago, bled for 2 days and then just discharge for 2 weeks. Me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time which was great, no pain or discomfort but i have bled for 4 days none stop since and its bright red blood not like a period...Im on the pill too so i know ive not come on.

is this normal?

Vikkie xx

hey,

my leaflet says no sex for 4 weeks and then sex with condoms for another 4 weeks....iv not actually had my lletz yet mines in 2 weeks but i dont know maybe you have irritated it hun. x

Hey All 

I'm a newbie to this site and the whole lletz procedure but thought id share my experinece 

i had my llestz nearly 4 weeks ago (10/10/2012) i was really worried and scared cause of the whole premature babies etc i had recently also been diagnoised with pcos so was really scared that this would affect my chances of conciving but i went ahead with the procedure as i felt it was best and didn want my pre-cancerous cell to turn to cancer for obvious reasons

anyway i had my 1st smear (im 25 btw) and the cells showed as a high abnormality they sent me to the gyno for another smear at which point she said the abnormality was low she took samples at which point i advised that i hadnt had kids and was activly trying so if there was any chance i didnt need the procdure just yet i would gladly take it. she advised that a group of doctors who discuss my case and decide.

about 1 week later i got a letter saying i had been booked for the lletz to be done i had myy consultation and was advised that it was best to remove the cells now before they got worse which i guess is fair enough.

anyway day of surgery cam i was admitted to hospital and put under general athenstic when i woke up i was really drozy and very talkative even though im sure i wasnt making any sense. i didnt feel any pain and walked out of the hospital fine.

i took 2days off work as i was feeling tired i think this was due to the GA but still didnt have any pain. 1 week later my period came (not sure if it was early or not as i mentioned before i have pcos so my periods are very irregular) now i suffer from really bad period pains as it is but OMG the pain this moth was something i had never felt before no amount of methancic acid was helping. i called my gp and she just kept saying this was normal i had pains for about the 1st 4 days of my period which isnt normal for me as my pains normally go after the 1st day. 

after my period i bled on and off for last 2weeks. i have finally stopped bleed only really see a tiny bit of blood when going toilet but that the only time it comes or i notice it.

anyway as i thought i was healed after 3weeks (my doc said no sex for 2weeks which i now understand was wrong) i decide i would get myself prepared for when i finally had sex with my partner so started using toys. well lets just say thank god i was on my own after using the toy i started to have really bad period like pains and cramps (even though i went really slow and was not dry etc) i slept for a bit and this eased the pain but the next day i noticed i was bleeding again not heavy but just a really really light spotting. due to this i left it a couple of days. my partner and i recently had sex (we went really slow) and although i didnt bleed durring i did find i had spotting the next couple of days but saying that its going to be 4weeks since my op on 7/11/2012 so maybe i started having sex too soon 

sorry for the rambling but thought id share my story anyway what i was trying to say is i think bleeding after sex following lletz procedure is normally only be worried if it really heavy or smells bad  

Hello, I just need some advice I'm 21 and had ovarian cancer when i was 19. Due to my medical history when abnormal cells were flagged up (despite my young age) they decided to carry out lletz treatment. I waited just over 6 weeks to allow myself time to heal and had sex last night with my boyfriend and today I'm lightly bleeding with abdominal cramps?

Can anyone help please? I'm a bit worried.

Beth x