Biopsy for cin1

Hi ladies. I had my smear om the 10th nov, had abnormal results so had my colposcopy today

I've been graded at cin1. But she said my cervix looked inflamed and took a biopsy anyway. Has anyone else had anything similar and it turned out to be fine.  suffer from severe anxiety and now I'm so worried why would i need a biopsy of onky low grade or os thay standard practise? Thanks xxx

Hi, just wanted to reply to say try not to drive yourself mad worrying. I don’t know for sure but I’d think they’d take a biopsy to check their findings and be on the safe side.

I had my first abnormal smear in nov. At colposcopy Dr said he couldn’t see any sign of abnormal cells but took a biopsy anyway. My smear had shown high grade cgin but biopsy came back clear. I’m having further treatment as a precaution and to check there is nothing more they’ve missed but dr explained to me that they would always prefer to be over cautious than risk missing something so I wouldn’t panic that them doing a biopsy means anything worse than you’ve been told.

ive driven myself crazy thinking worst case scenarios but now I feel like ignorance certainly isn’t bliss in this situation and at least youre in the system for treatment and if there is something there it’ll be dealt with. If you have a contact number for the colposcopy clinic maybe call them for a chat and ask your questions, the clinic at my local hospital have been amazing at answering my millions of questions. 

Good luck x

I had a smear on 9th nov came back abnormal cells, had a colposcopy on the 29th nov and i jad treatment at the same time, i had LLETZ, it came back low grade and im just waiting now to see what happens next and if i need any more treatment. Try not to worry x