Awaiting biopsy results

hi everyone! I want to start by just saying how thankful I am to have found this forum. I am from the US (not my president) and this is the only forum I’ve found that has helped with what I’m going through. 

anyway, I had a smear in mid July and found out a couple days before my 30th birthday that I needed to have the colposcopy done. This was my first abnormal smear. I was told that the lab found slightly abnormal cells but couldn’t rule out severe legions so the colposcopy was needed. 

I had the colposcopy and only a single biopsy done a week ago. It was way more painful than I had prepared for and I still have some cramping and slight bleeding/brown discharge. 

I was told that I should expect my results within a week. Tomorrow is one week. They told me that if they don’t call me by the afternoon that I should call. I am SO nervous about my results. I don’t want bad news- none of us do. I haven’t been able to relax and I’ve been having nightmares and panic attacks. 

I have told some friends and family and no one quite understands what I’m going through. No one knows what to say- which I guess is expected but it is hard. I feel alone. My husbands mother died from cancer so he is having a hard time discussing what I’m dealing with. I always think about worst case scenario and he can’t go there. He is a wonderful husband and support but not able to really hear me at the moment.

So, more than anything, I’m just hoping to connect with some of you and feel understood and heard. 

Thank you for reading my novel!

I'm sorry the waiting is the worst. I'm waiting to have my colposcopy on Friday. Can't help worrying about the worst possible scenario. I hope you get your results soon, please keep us updated 

Hi 

I'm in the same boat awaiting results, sounds like you get yours much quicker in your country, I was told it would take roughly 4 weeks for mine in the UK. I had my Lletz a week ago today.

The waiting is the worst part it feels like forever doesn't it, 

Hope you hear something soon x