Are my symptoms normal ?

Hi , just had my second Lletzs procedure (5TH of Jan) , this time under general anaesthetic.
Last time (march 21) it was local & I found it very uncomfortable & upsetting .
Anyway 6 days later , I’m still getting painful cramps , can’t stand for long , not sleeping , feel foggy ,not with it & dizziness .
The hospital pamphlet however says you’ll probably be fine after a day or so , utter rubbish in my opinion, as I was off work a week last time.
However I feel worse this time . Anyone have similar experiences ?
There isn’t much info that I can find .
Sorry for the long post , but I’m struggling to find help , thanks for reading.

Dear Rachgreen,

Sorry to see no-one answered your post, which I didn’t see at the time. I do hope you’re feeling better. Sadly, a lot of ladies find the procedure takes quite a while to get over. Everyone’s body reacts differently. Some ladies breeze through and are back to doing normal things within 4 weeks; for others it takes longer. I do think the leaflet you’ve been given sounds a little too optimistic!! Having said that, please give your practice nurse or any other number you’ve been given a ring. It may be that you’ve got an infection. You shouldn’t be feeling dizzy and foggy 6 days later and the GA would be out of your system by now.

Hope all is well.

1 Like