Anyone else can't get rid of HPV? :(

I've had HPV since at least 2017.

Had a smear every year. Each time I've had abnormal cells and needs to go to the hospital.

Recently had a smear, the results were inadequate so I need to go back in 3 months but it said I was still HPV

Ugh! Its been at least 4 years now :( what if it never goes? Am I gonna get cancer eventually? Ugh! Why won't it go :( 

How do people know what HPV it is? Like 16 or 18? My letters over the years have never said

1. Hello, I am in a similar situation to you!  I've had HPV for three years with abnormal cells also detected.  These started as low grade, they then cleared up however my recent smear has detected moderate abnormal cells and HPV remains?  I have my colposcopy appointment this afternoon so will ask the consultant for his opinion. Sorry I can't help with your question but I know how confusing it all feels. Hope you are getting on ok!

I've been HPV  positive since my first smear test at 25 (i'm 32 now) i've tried to lose weight, eat healthy, get enough sleep and it's not shifting it. I know how you feel. 

I am the same... just posted a question actually.

Do they continue to just leave things?

the first year I went for a colposcopy they said they could hardly see any areas of concern. The second year they could see more and if I wanted them to they could offer further treatment for it. But said the HPV normally clears within 2 years. So I left it. 
But now for the 3rd year, another colposcopy.

It's something that worries me and thinking that this is going to be a regular yearly thing is rubbish!