Anxiety bad quality MRI

So I have been experiencing a bit of spotting after sex. Not immediately after - maybe a couple days after and then it’ll last 3-4 days. 

I saw a consultant about it in November. They were not worried at all. Then I saw a consultant about it in May and they have sent me for an ‘urgent MRI.’ I am very anxious. So I had the MRI and have received a voicemail from the dr that it was ‘bad quality’ and so they are going to do another .

i feel like this has kinda sent me a bit loopy with anxiety as I’m worried that they’ve seen something on the mri that they need to clarify. And it just feels like l have such a long time to wait until I have any results either way.

any similar experiences ?

Well, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything bad. Maybe the scans just weren’t clear enough for him to really tell anything about them so they want a repeat. I haven’t experienced anything similar however, one place I had scans at didn’t pick up my liver cysts, and another place did. He told me if possible to always get my scans at the same place so that the quality is always the same and consistent? But it’s hard for me to do that as there is literally an imaging clinic on every corner and sometimes I have to schedule at a new place to get scans done in time for doc. 

Thanks for your reply . What did your liver cysts turn out to be ?

I didn’t get a choice as to where the scan would take place - just received a letter from nhs ... 

it feels stressful . Need to have this period of not knowing come to an end xx

Hi Henrah

This happened to me (mid scan actually) they had to repeat the holding breath images and one other section. I thought great they are looking at something they have found in more detail and went into panic. The result was my best scan to date and it appears that images can get distorted and unclear on occasions, due to breathing and bowel movements I believe and need to sometimes be repeated to get a clear image. I feel for you with the wait, it’s so stressful but wish you good luck for your results x

Hi, we never followed up on the liver as, they have never changed size in the years they have shown up. Every radiologist that has looked has sad they are very small simple cysts and are very normal. 

So many things it could be that are not cancer .

in the mean time I need to do something about my anxiety level.

literally having nightmares and a racing heart over what could be nothing .. x

Thanks for sharing xx

I just had a CT scan yesterday. I too am pretty anxious! I can go pick up my results tomorrow from the imaging center and read them myself. The issue is I always get them before my doc even sees them so if there ever is anything suspicious, I’m panicking before doc even knows what’s going on!