Anxiety and loop cone diathermy

Sorry I don’t know if this is the right catogory to post under or not.

I’m 24, had my smear and expected it to be okay. It came back that I had HPV and low level changes? I forget the exact wording. I went for my colposcopy, it was actually fine but I was very tense and I did not like it at all. It’s a man that does it as well which wound me up more. He took a biopsy and that came back as CIN 2-3 my letter actually says I will be being treated by “loop cone diathermy” is that even the same as lletz? I received the letter on Christmas Eve and where I already struggle with an anxiety disorder it’s getting worse and worse. I called the hospital to check if I could take a sedative before hand and they said yes and to go to the GP. My GP flat out refused. I really don’t want it done and feel completely trapped because I know I have to have it done or it can turn in to cancer. When people tell me it’s not as bad as I think it will be I assume they’re lying. I mean I’ve given birth so it should be a walk in the park compared to that but I didn’t have anxiety at the time I was pregnant and giving birth. I’m likely to have a panic attack in there

I am having a LLETZ under GA on Wednesday because the colposcopy was difficult was I was awake. I am also terrified and suffer terribly with anxiety. I would ask to speak to a different Dr and ask for a sedative again. It's not fair for you to worry so much 

Its tomorrow so I wont have time to get anything now. I don't understand why it says it's a Loop cone diathermy on my letter. I thought they did the cone ones under general anyway??  The colposcopy wasn't actually bad just unpleasant, it didn't hurt but I didn't like it. I don't even know how worried I need to be about this. 

Good luck for tomorrow. 

I have anxiety also and nearly had a panic attack on the table. I made them aware I may have one and the nurses were really nice and patient. I also took a friend and she was very supportive. I took some strong pain killers before hand and I think they sedated me slightly also. It's a very quick procedure, obviously with anxiety its the thoughts that get you. Remember to breathe deeply and hold someone's hand. It helps. I found this article the loop diathermy is just another name for lletz and different to the more invasive cone biopsy. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Colposcopy/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Good luck and try not to worry. Easier said than done I know. Its literally minutes and then it's over. I've replied to you on my thread also. 

Hey, I'm back home now. I took two paracetamol an hour before and did concentrate on staying relaxed and breathing. My mum did take me to the hospital but I didn't want anybody else in the room. 

I didn't actually feel anything at all, no pain whatsoever. 

Ill have a look at that article now. Thank you. 

I'm glad today went OK for you.