Advice wanted as feeling confused

Hi I have been having on off abnormal smears for 10 years now, As well as having severe abnormal results I’ve also has high risk hpv positive too, I’ve had 3 loops, latest was 18 month ago I had severe abnormal results plus hpv positive so had a loop (my third) had test of cure smear in jan 2021 results hpv positive, severe abnormal cells they wanted to do a fourth loop I declined as I have no cervix left at all hardly as my previous loops was large loops and asked for hysterectomy as they keep reoccurring also had a ultrasound in feb 2021 due to presistant heavy painful periods, lower back pain and pelvic pain, ultra sound results was a thick uterus lining of 22mm and possible Endo polyp, went o for hysteroscopy June 2021 but was unsuccessful due to too much scarring on cervix so couldn’t pass the camera through my cervix, was agreed from hysterectomy June 2021, due to pandemic waiting list was on hold, I had a smear jan 2022 this time the nurse did an endo and an exo test ( one on out side of cervix and one on the inside cervical canal) got the results oh high risk hpv positive, high grade dysplasia (severe) pre cancerous cells and also suspected invasive cell changes that needed urgent treatment, attended colposcopy dr saod it was cancerous cells the smear shown up, he did a biopsy of what left of my cervix, this results have come back no trace of cancer cells, but show possible endometriosis, I asked him how did smear results pick up cancerous cells but biopsy not but picked up endometriosis cells his reply was “I personally think it was endo cells they picked up on smear test”
Has this ever happens to anyone else? And is it possibly to get cell findings mixed up?

I am due for mri in 2 weeks and surgery had been expedited to a priority 2 for in 4 weeks time.
I am 35, 6 children and also sterilised,

Hi Mum of 6! Wow, that is quite something - I guess they’re not worrying that you might want any more if you’re already sterilised.

It’s awful to get contradictory information. I would have though, personally, that if cancer is detected then it’s detected! Having said that, the important thing is that you’re having an MRi in 2 weeks, and that will show what’s going on internally. This MAY change the treatment option, depending on what they find - it did for me, and I had a similar history of past ops to you. If there is a tumour and it’s either too big or there’s a possibility it has spread at all, you will most likely be moved to chemo and radiotherapy. Your case is a bit complicated because you have a concurrent condition of endometriosis, but hopefully this means they will be really careful that they have all the facts before choosing a treatment plan.

Sounds like you’ll get your results very quickly, so keep us updated. Whatever you get done, there will be a number of people on the forum who have had the same diagnosis and treatment, which is really reassuring. X

2 Likes