Advice needed please on results

I had a smear test in December, it came back as abnormal and I tested positive for hpv.

Recently had a colposcopy and the nurse said looking at it it looked like I had CIN 2, possibly 3. She took a biopsy and I received the results by letter today for it.

The letters says biopsy sample came back clear, and I will be going back to 3 yearly check ups from now.

This does not make any sense to me??! How can the nurse say it looks like CIN 2/3 and then I get told the biopsy result was normal. Having tested positive for hpv shouldn’t I be on more regular 6months - yearly smear tests for a while? I’m worried my results have been muddled up with someone else’s. I have tried phoning the nurse and left a message, just wondering if anyone else had a result like this?

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

Hi Ldjcj22

I've not experienced this before but didn't want to read and run! Just for abit of advise though keep being persistent until you get an answer.

I believe, please someone correct me if I'm wrong, that if you have HPV you are monitored atleast yearly. Keep trying to get in contact with the nurse and maybe in the mean time try and book an appointment with your doctor to see if they can give you any explanation? xx