Abnormal smear, what to expect next..

Hello ladies!
I’m 25 and received a call three days ago that my Pap smear came back abnormal, also that I have HPV. The person I talked to at the office wasn’t overly helpful explaining anything to me. I did get to schedule a colposcopy for tomorrow morning, but my period started tonight. Will I be able to still have one? Will it hurt? How likely is it to show something? What are they even looking for? I’m in agony waiting around.

Hi Lyndsey,  so sorry you have found yourself on here but I'm sure you have read lots of encouraging posts by ladies in your position. I'm going to have my colposcopy later today following a high grade dys smear result. This time last week I didn't even know my results so it's all happened very quickly....scary...but we should count ourselves lucky that problems have been picked up and acted on. 

I can only suggest you call the clinic , they will tell you if you can still attend whilst bleeding....I'm thinking the answer will be yes. 

Also try to ignore Dr Google if at all possible and just read the informative info on this site.

Feel free to pm me for a chat.

Hugs

Bren x