Abnormal bleeding and bowel movements

Hi Everyone,

I’m 12 months post partum. I have had x2 normal smears in the past. However for the last month I have had constant vaginal bleeding. A mixture of red/brown/pink.
I’ve noticed that the vaginal bleeding becomes fresh again following a bowel movement. Over the last few days it has become heavier and is now dripping into the toilet bowl. I have been experiencing lower back pain for last few months but have put this down to having a baby and picking her up etc.

Been to see my GP yesterday, had bloods today and have an appt for an internal examination on Tues. my smear has been brought forward by 6 months aswell, just waiting on the appointment.

Just wanted to see whether anyone else had these symptoms related to bowel movements causing vaginal bleeding and it’s turned out to be cervical cancer/abnormal cell changes?
Thanks x

Hi, I’ve also had abnormal bleeding following bowel movements for approx 18 months. I just wanted to reply so you know it’s not just you. I bleed most days, normally fresh blood following bowel movements & then brownish discharge for the rest of the day. I had a pelvic & vaginal ultrasound which was fine. I have yearly smears because I had squamous cell carcinoma removed from my cervix 9 years ago & they are always fine. I do have a cervical ectropion which has been there for years so they suspect it’s due to that. I had it cauterised with silver nitrate 2 days ago to see if that helps x