Vaginal bleeding with bowel movements

Hi all,

I am experiencing vaginal bleeding with bowel movements. This has been happening for around a month (since I had a laparoscopy to remove endometriosis from my bladder) I have been suffering immensely with pain in my left hip and lower back for a year, sadly the laparoscopy hasn’t resolved this. I have a history of abnormal smears which I have listed below, and am having a call from my GP tomorrow. My smear is booked again in a few weeks time. I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and been diagnosed with cervical cancer?

• 09/01/2017 Abnormal smear - high grade dyskaryosis
  • 31/01/2017 - Colposcopy - confirmed CIN3. Unable to carry out biopsy due to early pregnancy.
  • 28 March 2017 - Colposcopy/biopsy
  • April 2017, CIN3 confirmed.
  • August 2017, further biopsy confirming CIN3
  • september 2017, safe delivery
  • November 2017, Coloscopy showing possible regression of cells- inconclusive biopsies
  • January 2018, colposcopy and case review with Pathologist- CIN1, YAY!
  • June 2018- Spotting & pelvic pain- Urgent referal to Colposcopy- CIN1
  • January 2019- CIN1
  • January 2020- CIN1
  • January 2021- pelvic pain/spotting. HPV positive, no abnormal cells

Thank you for reading
Claire x

Dear Claire,

So sorry to hear you’re going through all this pain. It does rather sound like the bowel/vaginal bleeding is linked to the laparoscopy. Hopefully you will get some information and help during your GP call tomorrow. Please do voice your fears; for all you know they may say ‘no, definitely not likely to be cancer’. In fact it doesn’t sound like you’ve got cancer from your history - certainly not cervical cancer. Your endometriosis sounds very painful and I hope something can be done to alleviate your problems and put your mind at rest. Hang on in there! X

Thank you for your kind words and reassurance. My mind is going into overdrive at the moment so I can’t help but think about the worst possible scenario! Fingers crossed my GP has the answers I need tomorrow xx

Please let us know, Claire - we’re all with you. X

Hey!

Well my GP thinks that the bleeding may be linked to my surgery, he thinks my cervix may have been irritated and the coil is causing further irritation during a bowel movement.

I’ve had to cancel my smear test today because I’m still having brown bleeding. Rebooked for 8th March so hopefully I can have it done then. Still have my persistent left hip pain that I had before my surgery so I’m still as anxious as ever :laughing:

I do hope they can help you with the irritation soon, Dougal. I would tend towards thinking that the hip and lower back pain is not related to the vaginal bleeding. If you were older the natural starting point would be to think of arthritis, but if you’re still menstruating then you’re a young woman. The important thing is that they are keeping an eye on you because of the previous CIN3, but the more recent reports of CIN1 and then no abnormal cells are very encouraging. Do make sure your GP refers you have the back and pelvic pain investigated - it sounds to me like an MRi would be a good move there, for many reasons! X

Good afternoon,

Today is a good day! I have finally got my surgical file… so whilst my symptoms persist, at least my GP now knows what action to take.

My notes say that endometriosis was diathermiesed from my bladder. Confirms dense adhesions between bowel and abdominal wall on right side and atrophic endometrium. I have my smear test booked for Tuesday and I’m still bleeding on and off but I’m just going to go for it!

Fingers crossed for a normal result!

2 Likes

Hi @Dougal1801, I just read your thread. I hope you managed to get your smear today and everything went well x

Thank you! Unfortunately it didn’t go ahead. The nurse advised me that I have to wait 12 weeks after having the IUD inserted… ah! Rebooked in again for 25th March x