Abdominal pains - recurrence?

Hi,

I had a radical hysterectomy and removal of ovaries in Feb this year for stage 1b1 adenocarcinoma. I had a check up and smear in July which came back normal and free of hpv.
For a week now I’ve been getting lower abdominal/pelvic period like aching which radiates into my lower back and sometimes the top of my legs. It’s everyday and doesn’t seem to ease.
Has anyone else had this? I think with the staging I had and the treatment it’s probably unlikely the cancer would come back??

Sounds like adhesion from surgery to me… but I am not a doctor. I would say go to your consultant and demand a scan to rule out adhesion. it’s sadly quite common. it’s always good to find the root cause, so to spare from worrying about cancer coming back i reckon. Good Luck!

Thanks for your advice. I did wonder whether it was something to do with the surgery. I’m not also rather bloated.
I will speak to my consultant.

Hey did you ever find out if it was adhesions? I am 8wpo main residual symptoms are bloating, firm abdomen and abdominal pains. Some times they are larger area like a tightening similar to light contractions, sometimes more sharp, burny twisty its hard to describe. They are very inconsistent but usually some sort of pain each day. One time the pain spread down through my thigh.
I have been through a few things with gp and he mentioned adhesions and said thats more difficult to treat… I feel like adhesions is the only thing that seems to fit what I am experiencing.