6 month follow up, really worried

Hi all

Wanted to have a little rant as I’m feeling super anxious about my 6 month follow up biopsy next week, after my first biopsy showed CIN3. I haven’t had any treatment. This is to see if it has regressed or persisted. I am losing my mind thinking it’s progressed. I’m sure I can feel some sort of bump on my cervix but not sure if it’s scar tissue from first biopsy or just the opening of my cervix. Guess I’ll find out Tuesday! It’s more the results I’m worried about. The waiting and overthinking it’s just horrible. This is the most stressful thing health wise I’ve ever been through and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I have really bad health anxiety. Trying to remain positive but every step along this journey the news has gotten progressively worse so it’s to be expected (went from HPV & low grade at smear, to CIN3 at colposcopy). I think it’s so cruel we still have to attend the scariest appointments and procedures alone because of covid. It’s honestly quite traumatising.

Any advise would be great let appreciated.

Thanks!

Good luck @S257 xx

Did they give a reason for not treating the cells before? I had CIN3 picked up at smear and had LETZ to remove it straight away. Xx

I’m only 25 and want kids in a couple of years. They said cell changes are common in my age group so may well regress so adopted ‘watch and wait’ for 6 months. The NHS did eventually call and offer me treatment but I got a 2nd opinion privately (who I’m having the repeat with) & he advised to wait because of the risks to fertility & early labour or late miscarriage. He said that it’s 10% increased with each treatment :pensive:.

Thank you. I will keep you updated! How did you find the treatment & recovery?

I don’t think it affects fertility it is more it can induce early labour BUT you would have more checks during pregnancy!

If it is still there it may be worth going for the Lettz as you are young that’s good because you still have loads of time, my sister had lettz and had 2 babies after no issues I think you hear some stuff but really 10% is hardly any risk at all when you think about the grand scheme of things.

I’ve been told I am 50% chance of post natal psychosis so I’ve been in a really hard place deciding whether or not to have one, so in comparison the Lettz I have had doesn’t really compare, it is actually quite a small risk and it is very possible to have babies after Lettz. Fingers crossed it has regressed, but I would try not to worry about the pregnancy side having closer checks is a good thing, the doc sounds like he put the scares into you a bit :frowning:

Thanks so much for your reply. I had read that sometimes the scar tissue can almost block the cervix and make it harder to get pregnant. But again I’ve heard of people having babies no problem after too, it’s just my anxious mind convincing me the worst :upside_down_face: I do find it all quite hard to manage emotionally but just need to take it step by step, I tend to spiral into overthinking the absolute worst case scenario!

Hi everyone

I had my biopsy this evening. It was super painful this time. He thinks it’s still there & he said it’s quite deep so if it comes back CIN3 it’ll be removed under GA. Just so worried about what this might mean for my fertility or pregnancy complications but trying not to get ahead of myself.

Not the best news but pretty much what I was expecting.